What are you listening to/watching now?

Re: what are you listening to now

^ ^ I'm a big fan of RHCP... as well as :

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings. If anyone here has had a previous interest in DT, but got away from them because of them "sounding the same", or "nothings is as good as Scenes From A Memory", then I say to you, go check this album out. It is awesome !

^ ^ I'm a big fan of RHCP... as well as :

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings. If anyone here has had a previous interest in DT, but got away from them because of them "sounding the same", or "nothings is as good as Scenes From A Memory", then I say to you, go check this album out. It is awesome !

I agree, their new album is awesome. The count of Tuscany is a great song. Same with the shattered fortress. Although it seems they just rewrote the lyrics to old music on that one.

I agree, their new album is awesome. The count of Tuscany is a great song. Same with the shattered fortress. Although it seems they just rewrote the lyrics to old music on that one.

^ ^ Yeah, some bits of it harken back to Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence, snippets of the song. At the official DT web site (dreamtheater.net), Mike Portnoy said he was finishing the "12 steps" theme he had started a few albums ago, referring to his substance addictions of the past. They have done similar things with recurring themes elsewhere in the album, using the man in the mirror reference, as well as the two brothers referenced in Scenes From A Memory.

Matt, The Count Of Tuscany is my favorite song on this album. I agree, totally freakin' awesome song.

I saw dream theater live not too long ago...jesus, Petrucci blew my friggin' mind. They were playing with Fal Of Troy I think...can't remember the other band.

All in all a decent show, fell asleep during Troy, lol. But I couldn't keep my jaw up when I saw/heard Petrucci play.

Made me never want to play guitar again almost. :(

Coheed and Cambria - God Send Conspirator

I, robot, will never die... :D

You play guitar too ? Shweet ! I do also. I am an admitted DT fanboy - as if my avvy doesn't indicate that :p. I have seen them 3 times, once in Wantaugh, NY (their backyard just about. They are based out of Long Island), once at the Orpheum in Boston (first time I saw them), and once in Portland, Maine.

The Orpheum show was phe-freaking-nomenal, they played their 2-hour set (maybe it was 3 hours I dont remember), and THEN they played the entire Master Of Puppets album beginning to end in order. It was great to say the least.

And the highlight of the show on Long Island was they split the bill with Joe Satriani. My head was spinning from that one, believe me. Satriani and Petrucci just rippin' it up at the end of the show, phew !

Satriani? ARGH! I wish I had gone to that show...

Don't remember where this show was to be honest, I think it was in DC somewhere. I'll have to ask my friend.

And yeah, I've been playing guitar for most my life, just not as much lately. Don't got a lot of inspiration. :\

The concert of a life time. I had been planning a trip to New York (this was in 2002), and I saw at the time that DT was scheduled for Long Island on Sept. 12 of that year. So I booked the trip and the concert - seperate ideas that made sense to go do it all. I remember this, because it was a year and a day after 9/11 and security was huge still, especially being the 1-yr anniversary of that day. There were helicopters buzzing around, and jets in NYC.

I dont remember the songs that Petrucci and Satriani played together on, but as awesome as Petrucci is, Satriani is so fluid it is unbelievable. You could tell there was some magic between the two onstage.

I've been playing since 1980. I dont pick it up much either any more, but I played in bands for most of that time, bar bands.

Sweet. I just do my own stuff. I was writing a lot of music for a while, a couple years back, but I haven't had much inspiration to write anything. Basically I've had writer's block for over 2 years now.

Probably has something to do with Andi...dating is probably one of the worst inspiration killers ever, haha.

Back
Top Bottom