What are you listening to/watching now?

Sigue Sigue Sputnik. A great band from the 80s. Check them out.

Also listening to a bunch of old widespread panic tapes from the mid 90s

Have any of you watched the show Stranger Things? Not sure if it has been mentioned already.
My brother, his wife and my cousins all said it was really good so we gave it a shot last night and man we got hooked!
Ended up staying up till 1 on a MONDAY, we had to shut if off so we wouldn't struggle at work.
4 more episodes to go, it's really good, it has an 80s feel to it which is really cool.
Show's on Netflix if anyone's interested.

I have yet to break a cymbal. What are you using, 2Bs? Marching sticks? :p I looked at Meinl myself, but I'm pretty much a diehard Sabian guy for the time being. The next cymbal I replace will be my Xs20 ride with an HHX Dry Ride. Already got the AAX stage hats. I'm not too fond of Paiste either, but I did want to try their Rude setup.

I've had a lot stolen, but I got over it all pretty quickly. Musically I was spoiled early on because of my dad and uncle. At the age of 13 I had an 81 prototype flying V and full stack and in my 20s I still know guys using practice amps that play way better than I do. Had the privilege to meet several stars, lots of gear signed. I'd say the only thing that pissed me off the most was my dad's set being stolen since he's not around anymore. The rest probably would have been stuck in storage minus the pedals (I'm stucking using a DW2000 set I got on sale at cheat and steal). Speaking of snares, I had one I built that I used all through school. It was a clone of one of those cheap piccolo snares you get in the percussion set for kids. Each year I went to all state I'd sign my name and date on the head. Band director knowing it was my personal snare took it to the middle school and they destroyed it. :annoyed:

The bands that played at that show actually requested I take a lot off because they weren't used to such a huge set. Idk, I had fun doing sound check personally.

I like playing, but I don't play a whole lot anymore. What all do you like to play?

Haha, much as I hate to admit it, I got through my crashes about every year and a half. I attribute this to self-taught technique, and practicing for so long without any kind of PA or way to hear myself clearly, so I tend to be a bit more heavy-handed. I started my early years with 5As, then went to 7As (thought I could play faster with those), then, after 3 or so years of Marching Band, Drumline, and a lot of 311, I picked up 3As for a very long time. After my time with Vic Firth, I started using Vater 3A Fatbacks, then Fusion Nylon, and have finally (and hopefully permanently) settled on Vater 1As. As for cymbals, I started on Zildjian, but they're much too thin for my liking, and so I found my way to Sabian, to a much more satisfactory result. I spent a long time trying to keep the same brand across the board, and boy is that expensive. Now that I'm there, I'm skeptical to change, but I'm not entirely opposed to it if it sounds and feels right. I just want to keep them all the same.

Playing-wise, I'm down for anything if I can feel it, you know? I don't like rap or country, but if I can keep a beat, I'm more than willing to try. How about you?

Have any of you watched the show Stranger Things? Not sure if it has been mentioned already.

My brother, his wife and my cousins all said it was really good so we gave it a shot last night and man we got hooked!

Ended up staying up till 1 on a MONDAY, we had to shut if off so we wouldn't struggle at work.

4 more episodes to go, it's really good, it has an 80s feel to it which is really cool.

Great show. I got my wife and my friends to watch it.

Still haven't started Luke Cage yet

Stranger Things is a must-watch, 100%. I enjoyed every one of those episodes, and eagerly await S2.

hey - you two drummers- "GET A THREAD" - LOL - actually I enjoyed the talk/posts. I always wanted to be in a band when I was young- played 9 years of classic piano, trumpet from 6th grade thru University ( wind ensemble) , self taught guitar ( acoustic) . But never had the opportunity to play in a "band" other than some frat house parties to play trumpet for during rush/Greek week for "free beer and chicks".

hey - you two drummers- "GET A THREAD" - LOL - actually I enjoyed the talk/posts. I always wanted to be in a band when I was young- played 9 years of classic piano, trumpet from 6th grade thru University ( wind ensemble) , self taught guitar ( acoustic) . But never had the opportunity to play in a "band" other than some frat house parties to play trumpet for during rush/Greek week for "free beer and chicks".

Hahaha, jocks can riff on band geeks all day, but everyone's got a favorite song. Despite 20+ years of exp, I can only play drums, and I can't read music. It's all feel based. It's given me a lot of opportunities, but also held me back in some cases. Being in a band has been a wonderful experience in my life, but I'll never invest this much time and money into something again.

At the minute busy listening to Capital FM. 95 - 106 FM on the Freeview T.V ..

Haven't really watched any shows or programs as such but when I do watch T.V it tends to be re runs of older stuff.

I dont know why but I feel content watching stuff that I know. I think its my P\S . Like I only associate with certain people and don't really like to being in awkward social situations.

We thought we had 4 episodes left to Stranger Things but only had 1 left...man it felt like crap.
The reason I thought it had 12 episodes was because on Netflix i was scrolling down the ep list form the side of my eye and I counted how many spots I went down, I didn't wanna get any spoilers so I didn't look directly at it, turns out the last 4 were just trailer videos...:(
It was a good ending, just sucks cos we thought we had 4 more hours left.

We thought we had 4 episodes left to Stranger Things but only had 1 left...man it felt like crap.
The reason I thought it had 12 episodes was because on Netflix i was scrolling down the ep list form the side of my eye and I counted how many spots I went down, I didn't wanna get any spoilers so I didn't look directly at it, turns out the last 4 were just trailer videos...:(
It was a good ending, just sucks cos we thought we had 4 more hours left.

I know that feel, bro. That how you know you watched a great series! Can't wait for 2.

Back
Top Bottom