What are you listening to/watching now?

Finishing the first season of The Magicians, peppering through Dr. Who with my g/f (Peter Capaldi is alright, but I think Christopher Eccleston is my favorite).

Finishing the first season of The Magicians, peppering through Dr. Who with my g/f (Peter Capaldi is alright, but I think Christopher Eccleston is my favorite).

I still haven't watched the last two episodes of the Magicians. I am very disappointed with it, though. I read the book and they have completely borked so much of it. Yes Elliot is gay in the book, but he is not a flaming one like the show, nor is he always trying to hook up with every guy around. They completely dropped one of the seniors until almost the end of the season where they meet him (can't remember his name right now), but he was known as the fat guy and had trouble getting his spells to go off correctly. Lots of other stuff, like the dean having his eyes ripped out, etc.

My wife got me into watching American Horror Story. Ive watched 2 season and now on a third (not in the order of release though kinda skipping around based on what seems interesting storyline wise)

Listening to some Otep and Trivium.

I still haven't watched the last two episodes of the Magicians. I am very disappointed with it, though. I read the book and they have completely borked so much of it. Yes Elliot is gay in the book, but he is not a flaming one like the show, nor is he always trying to hook up with every guy around. They completely dropped one of the seniors until almost the end of the season where they meet him (can't remember his name right now), but he was known as the fat guy and had trouble getting his spells to go off correctly. Lots of other stuff, like the dean having his eyes ripped out, etc.

I can honestly say it wasn't as good as others' hype led me to believe it would have been. There's some kinda stiff acting (mostly Quentin Coldwater, he seems like he's either on the verge of crying, or is just perpetually offended by someone/something), and it kind of bothers me how much of a dick Penny is. Like, I get having the character angle, but holy sh*t he's just relentless, and it seems like there isn't any reason for it (although I heard in the novel it's explained better). Other than that though, I like what they're doing with it. It's not as flashy as it is archaic, they seem to explore more of the "dark" side.

I can honestly say it wasn't as good as others' hype led me to believe it would have been. There's some kinda stiff acting (mostly Quentin Coldwater, he seems like he's either on the verge of crying, or is just perpetually offended by someone/something), and it kind of bothers me how much of a dick Penny is. Like, I get having the character angle, but holy sh*t he's just relentless, and it seems like there isn't any reason for it (although I heard in the novel it's explained better). Other than that though, I like what they're doing with it. It's not as flashy as it is archaic, they seem to explore more of the "dark" side.

Read the books, or at least the first one (that the series is coming from).

Watched Arrival this weekend, good movie.
Anyone watch the new RE movie? I've seen them all, waiting for this to goto the discount theater, they've gotten terrible

Watched Arrival this weekend, good movie.
Anyone watch the new RE movie? I've seen them all, waiting for this to goto the discount theater, they've gotten terrible

The new re movie got some terrible reviews. Total rental.

I watched Manchester by the sea. Good acting but a depressing movie.

Back
Top Bottom