What you didn't know about call centers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
I was just talking to a buddy of mine who came back after spending 4 months in India (he's indian).

Did you know what when you dial a 1-900 number, there is a good chance that the call is actually being answered by a Indian girl?. :D.. lol.. Apparently, there is a whole bunch of them in India, and they are conveniently called "Call center girls".. :confused:

Forget the tech help crap, but the sex chat lines are apparently in India too!.. Supposedly, these girls actually get TRAINING to develop Western/European accents so that they don't "sound Indian".. LOL

Funny shitz man..

:D

Nubius said:
muahaha, that just took a major turn towards flamesville

Yeah what the hell? It only took 3 messages too.. :confused:

Back on topic people! That ability to stab through the internet would sure come in handy.. :D

That ability to stab through the internet would sure come in handy..
Tell me about it :D And they said my wish was absurd! There'd be so many stabbed people here...BLEEEEEEEEED

Well, I am quite sure we all saw that FOAMY TECH SUPPORT CARTOON.
"Why am I talking to someone in India about my computer that was made in Japan and bought in America? Why the **** am I paying for first-rate tech support from a 3rd-world country?" - Foamy

Plus there are my rants aboout HP's indian Tech Support Office.

I found the following artical via MSN.com.com many months back.

Major problems due to outsourcing
As it turns out, going offshore as a cost-saving measure hasn't worked out for everyone. Many outsourcing failures are being blamed on tunnel vision and lack of communication.
Outsourcing flops blamed on tunnel vision
By Andy McCue, Silicon.com
Published on ZDNet News: June 22, 2005, 12:21 PM PT

Hidden costs, high staff turnover and poor cross-cultural communications are the key causes of offshore outsourcing failures, according to new research from analyst house Gartner.

The analyst report predicts global spending on offshore outsourcing services will top $50 billion by 2007 but it warns too many companies are rushing into deals on the promise of unrealistic cost savings.

The biggest mistake that is common to all offshore outsourcing failures is to base the business case solely on reduced labor costs

"Many hidden costs--including expenses associated with infrastructure, due diligence, communications, governance, overseas travel and cultural training--will offset the cost advantage of wage differentiation," the report said.

Organizations are also warned that a disproportionate amount of costs are incurred during the planning and start-up stages and that any savings will take longer to materialize.

"As a result, long-term offshore deals do not realize the projected savings until the 'steady state' stage 12 to 24 months into the engagement. For the same reasons, short-term offshore deals lasting less than one year are unlikely to realize any cost savings," the report said.

The high turnover of offshore staff, particularly in countries such as India, also has a negative impact on productivity.

"Such turnover contributes to productivity loss because new staff must be trained and overcome the learning curve for dealing with customer applications and relationships," said Gartner.

Poor communication between the onsite and offshore project teams as well as between management and employees is also picked out by Gartner as a critical failure factor.

"Effective communications are critical in offshore outsourcing projects. The reason many offshore deals fail is because of the propagation of misinformation and confusion due to inadequate communications among the project team and its contacts, as well as within the general employee population, executive ranks and local community," the report said.

Try mis-communication from all levels of the business to the consumer. It's kind funny that HP themselves uses Lexmark Laser Printer because of support issues. And when HP internal tech support tells the rest of the company to NOT CALL India.

On the lines of foamy, they made Tech Support II;not near as good as the original but still good.

Whenever i called gateway about a LCD Bezel for my bass, i got somebody with a heavy indian accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom