What IS wrong with the youth of today..

Status
Not open for further replies.
because parents these days are morons who don't teach their kids any ethics or respect, hence the reason most of the punks on here are disrespectful assholes.....sorry had to rant, but yeah stupid crap like that can generally be blamed on the parents....of course a damn 5 year old wouldn't understand the consequences, jee, doesn't take a Phd in psychology to figure that out

A charge of making a firearm accessible to a child is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $500.

And being drunk in public is jailtime... What is wrong with today's law's

You'd be surprised man.. Haven't u heard of kids, maybe a little bit order, who kills other kids?.. As young as 7 years old..

And 20 years ago, would your or my parents have thought that 12-14 year olds would bring guns to school and shoot people or teachers?.. I am sure this was an accident, but still it just shows how crazy our society is getting.. :-[.. "But i saw it on tv!!!"..

lol yeah.. From the "rain forests of Nicaragua, comes this delectable candy. Eat it up kids! It'll make u feel like u are out of this world"..

:angry:..

The problem is this :-

You got the LAW. The law is turning parent into powerless softcocks. When i was in 4th grade, I got the strap from my father for for shoplifting (repeatively). It's hurt, but it quickly smacked me back into line real fast.
Today, you can only smack a kid once on the ass. And it has to be a light smack. I find this was bull$#!+ because it does not disapline a child. Because when i got the strap from my father... first strike tingles, 2nd strike begins to hurt, 3rd strike is where the pain begins.

Then you have the teachers who are getting stripped of their powers. Again when I was in school, I got the stick once, and I did get hands slapped with a wooden ruler.
Now days, teacher can not even touch a school kid. In fact, if there was a kid that was about to jump out of a window in order to kill themselve, then the most that the teacher can do is yell at them.
If fact, at one stage 2 years ago, our government as about to make it illegal for teachers yell at students. Thankfully they did not pass that through.

Then you have the doctors that are recognising all these other medicial behavour defects. When I was going through school, things like A.D.D. It used to be "This kids a trouble maker". Now days, you have these kids/parents that are using A.D.D. as an excuse. And the parents are saying things like "My son as A.D.D., you should not be punishing them"

And then you finish this all up, you have parent vs. teacher debate. Since parents can not disapline their kids and more, they are not expecting the teachers to do it for them. However the teacher have less power than the parents to do this. So it get pushed back onto the parents. And when the parent do find out that some one was yelling at their "little darling", they then take it all personal as they think that the teachers are being too harsh.

And thus the downward spiral continues.........

ME? Have little Harper Jr.s of my own. Not likely with the current laws that are in place.

I was beaten as a kid. Both by my parents AND my bloody teachers.

But, there was this one dude/teacher who used to beat kids with a wooden chair leg. Never gotten that, but I've known friends who've gotten it. :D.. Well, that was before I came to Canada 15 years ago.

Anyways, there is a fine line between discipline and abuse. In Canada they want to prevent the latter more. Which in some respects is understanble. In South Asia (where I come from), discipline is more stressed. Both have their merits, b/c u don't some old wack job who's a teacher (like the wooden chair leg guy) abusing their power.

I personally plan on beating my kids if they ever do anything wrong ("come here buoy!"). I know it's against the law in Canada. But, the kids' growing up process is more important. Anyone know who Russell Peters is?.. lol.. He's a comic.. Does one hell of a South Asian parent impersonation. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom