What would you like to see here on Tech-Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new TF logo at the header instead of the default vBulletin logo...!

EDIT: And perhaps a new favicon icon too!
Both are already in the works to be released with the new skin.

We should make a Tech Forums Journal, documenting anything usefull or that will be help or interest to people interested in the world of computers. It could contain everything and anything that has been discussed on the forum. Found a way to overclock a i7 920 higher ? put it in there. Found a way to improve Win 7 startup time ? put it in there.

It could be open for any member with the appropriate privileges is (500+ posts ?) to edit, and moderated for spelling, punctuality and accuracy by a normal team of moderators.

Eventually there would be a lot of useful stuff in there, and we could refer all new comers to 'TF's Journal' (Downloadable as a PDF maybe)

Yeah bit of a crazy idea, but with some effort and community collaboration it could turn into an interesting project :)

edit:

And maybe a publication that will make us all a small fortune :D (Joking..)

I'd like to see a dedicated news section. I'm not talking about the Rules, Accounements, and news forum. A dedicated news forum that we can post in to share links regarding technology and other related cool things.

I'd like to see a dedicated news section. I'm not talking about the Rules, Accounements, and news forum. A dedicated news forum that we can post in to share links regarding technology and other related cool things.

We dont dedicate a single section of the site to news. We post the news in the appropriate section. This way the news is not all jumbled up into just 1 section but it is placed where it is relevant.

We dont dedicate a single section of the site to news. We post the news in the appropriate section. This way the news is not all jumbled up into just 1 section but it is placed where it is relevant.
What if there was a sticky or something of the sort where we could find the news in chronological order.

For example.

I post something in new tech, it would than be approved by mod as reasonable news. There would be a copy placed into the "News" section. The section wouldn't be a thread just an area to find new news and info. all discussion about the topic would be linked to the original thread.

Im fully aware of your current news "structure" if thats what you want to call it. For someone looking for news its not efficient for obvious reasons. Hence my suggestion. Hope that clears it up.

Im fully aware of your current news "structure" if thats what you want to call it. For someone looking for news its not efficient for obvious reasons. Hence my suggestion. Hope that clears it up.

I agree with this guy. We have a "new technology" sub-forum and i think it should be the news sub-forum that relates to anything computer related. If you want the forums to grow you need to take a few pointers from other forums that have quite the community going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom