What would you like to see here on Tech-Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Mak, I already thought of this, if the members here know their strong skills such as you and me and want to be contacted to assist they should be put into a contact list with a minimal ways to be contacted.
Email, IM by any service they choose or special request, take into account the holidays mak213, you how it is around here, and I see your stress and your nerves go up.
It would be easy for us take atleast 30 or 40% of the support the comes through here right at the peak of christmas season and work on them and it would make things a little bit simpler.
The mods here would have some time to clean up what they can or assist you and trotter update the site and do such and such. get my point ?

EDIT

@ PPMGUIRE shutup and get me a mountain dew.... :)

The Emergency Contact List is kinda tough. Who is to say that the times dont vary? Like my times vary week to week cause my schedule changes every week. So we would have to update that list every day and get every member to submit the time when they would be available daily. A bit much to ask of anyone to keep us updated daily of what their schedule is and when they would be available for support. Cause there is no way i could live up to it. Having a child i know i can easily be called away from the PC jsut as fast as i got onto it. So that really wouldnt work.
After I thought about it more I came to the same conclusion. Just a thought :)

First sentence was addressed to everyone lol, second sentence I was talking to PP Mguire referencing his oh so useful and constructive post.

We want the ideas folks. In no way are my posts a reflection that these things will not happen. I am merely trying to show how the staff takes something from an idea to a working aspect of the site. As the process is long and very drawn out. We dont just say "Yeah that is a good idea lets roll with it" and put it out there. We are looking for ideas and ways that they can be made to work.

My posts are to try and get you members to understand the full process we go through. If you have an idea that id great please by all means post it. But with that i would like you guys to also think of how it could be used to work, some of the obstacles that are needed to be overcome to get it from an idea to a working aspect of the site and so on. I am trying to keep you members in the loop and get your input on how we can go from an idea to a working model.

If you dont want me to do that, fine i can understand that. As it does seem that i am shooting down the ideas when in reality i am just trying to show you guys some of the aspects that must be overcome to go from your idea to something that can be used. If you want to just put out an idea and leave it up to us to figure out the rest, i wont say another word in the topic. I will just read it to see the ideas and from there take it to the next level and see how i can make it more than an idea with the rest of the staff.

but in no way am i shooting anything down. I am showing our process of how things go from an idea to something usable. I just wanted to keep you guys in the loop. After all they are your ideas, i thought you might want to give more than just ideas and give input as well as how these things can be made to work. But since it seems my posts are being taken the wrong way i will stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom