what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I got an e-mail saying that 4 people where trying to hack into my bank account but didn't succeed. Its not my bank account so I don't know why they contacted me.

The e-mail also had the 4 ip addresses and said the cops will investigate the ip addresses.

I just e-mailed the bank or Washington Mutual back saying that, that person isn't me. I hope they can figure out what happened and keep me out of that mess. I don't want to get into trouble for hacking when i didn't.

Sounds like a Spam message. I keep geting the pay pal version of it and I don't have a paypal account.

Sounds like a phishing scam to me. Did they ask you to contact anyone in the email. They are hoping your some old dude would be scared and contact them so they can say "can you give us your password to verify your account." Delete the email and move on.

yeah says to log on immediately and read the log. I don't have an account their so how can i log on? Their for how can they get a password or anything?

Umm they can't. Guess I will delete it and move on. I sure hope my parents didn't sign me up at that bank or anything cause that could be how they access my bank account online.

Well they didn't really scare me but why the heck aren't their people out their to catch spammers and put them in jail? Its just as bad as hacking most of the time.

Ask them if they say they signed you up for that bank, call the bank and they will be able to tell you if they sent it.

I used to get alot of these from ebay and paypal. Usually the link to log on will be a copied login page from whatever they are trying to scam you on and just be embedded in a different url. Always make sure to look where the actual URL takes you.

And remember kids, no website will EVER ask you for your username and password:p

i got that kind of message b4, and i'm too young to even have a bank account...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom