what type of paint(coating)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
is used on mass produced goods?

like mice, keyboards,laptops,speakers to name a few

does anyone know the process by which they make paing on products last that long?

for example, you spray a mouse with bottle spray and it will last you a month maybe

but the coating on most of them lasts few months if not years before showing nitticeable signs of wear.

is there any similar paing available for consumer use or from local shops or maybe online order

Could be the way you are painting it. If you just spray it with spray paint and that's it, then it probably won't last to long. If you prep the surface, prime it, then paint it, it should last. Maybe some clear coat as well. You could also try vinyl dye if what you are painting is plastic. Or powder coat if it is metal.

99% of the time it isn't paint, they usually mold different colored plastics together to get a desired color then use that as the plastics.... I have had a Microsoft mouse for 6 years now, and it shows severe signs of discoloration, but that is due to my thumb actually wearing a nice deep groove to another layer of plastic.

EDIT: Cases are generally a mixture of powder coating, and what i described above for some of the parts.

Its all about the process of painting. You have to have a properly prepped surface, then a good quality primer sprayed out of a gun. After that quality base coat also sprayed out of a gun. If you want to really get into it a clear coat on top.

Spray paint is worthless compared to a properly prepped and sprayed job done with quality paints/primers and equipment.

Its all about the process of painting. You have to have a properly prepped surface, then a good quality primer sprayed out of a gun. After that quality base coat also sprayed out of a gun. If you want to really get into it a clear coat on top.

Spray paint is worthless compared to a properly prepped and sprayed job done with quality paints/primers and equipment.
AMEN!!!

Growing up the kid of a painter, I have seen what good painting looks like. I have also seen some work by others that were prime examples of what good painting is not. A properly prepared sufce, sprayed with a good quality paint at the right consistency from a good quality gun using a regulated air supply will give positively amazing results.

It doesn't matter what you are painting... proper prep, proper paint, and proper equipment will make a world of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom