What a terrible day....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I MIGHT ACTUALLY GET MY CAR BACK TOMMOROW. I mean its only been a month. Screw you people and your tiny little baby problems *mutter*

Bad day? OK...

The day before Good Friday, 2000. I worked second shift at Georgia-Pacific in a neighboring town. Small plant, 88 people. I go into to work and nothing is running. We are having a meeting in the breakroom. Two suits from corporate are there. They call off a list of names and tell us to go to an alternate meeting area set up on the plant floor.

Once we go out and sit down, we're told that they are closing the plant, effective immediately. The people in the breakroom are being offered jobs at the GP in my town, but we're not. We are told that we get three weeks pay and three months insurance as severance.

I go home, stunned. Sit around for a few hours, totally bummed. My wife finally says, "Come on. You've been wanting some chinese, let's get some." So we go to our favorite chinese place. We walk in the door at almost closing time. I ask if they are still serving, the lady looks at the clock and says, "Sohwy, we chrosed," and turns off the Open sign. So we get in the car and go to another one. We walk in and they say, "Unless it's take-out we're closed."

I'm getting really upset by now. So we decide to just go to CiCi's (pizza buffet). We walk in and they say, "We're taking the bar up in two minutes."

By now I am ranting. My wife suggests going to Dennys, as they are open 24 hours. We get there sit down, go to order. I order Buffalo Chicken Strips. "We're out." So I order Buffalo Wings and chili-cheese fries. "We're out." So I order a T-bone with a baked potato. "We're out of both."

Thankfully my wife stepped in before I could get up to strangle the waitress. My wife jumped up, got in the woman's face, and shouted, "What do you have?! Is there anything on the menu that you're not out of?!"

One good point... the manager gave us a free meal, but by then I really didn't give a flip.

What happened to KMAN?

Always here story's, did he go postal or something?

No, he's just KMAN is all.

@ Trotter: Chinese Food rocks, Denny's has always sucked, we sat at one a few years ago for like 2 hours waiting for our food, needless to say all 5 of us left a tip that when put together still couldn't pay for half of an off brand can cola.

He changed his name. He had a bad day where he broke like everything he owned. His phone, his 360, some other stuff.

I'm KMAN.

And yeh, i had a bad day. Quite funny now i look back on it. Got a new 360 for £250, new psp under warranty and a new set of headphones comeing under warranty. Had to buy a new DVD drive but owell, managed to buy an individual Z5500 speaker for £18 aswell.

Mines got to be the best one lol @ me.

I was only young at the time, i had just changed something inside my system case n was at the back but all the cables back in place, so i need two hands so i but the screw driver in my mouth which was magnetic and then it came to plugging the power cable in and then i switch the pc on..... then a massive electricity wave just came straight to my screw driver and touched my nose, which didnt hurt made me tingle but then the whole system shutdown and i had blew the PSU, luckly i was touching the door lol i was only like 13, 14 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom