What technology do you remember in your past years ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the Apple II+ that I was using for most of my school life. I was using that from Year 2 to Year 10. However from about year 7 onwards i was using the Mac SE30 for a lot of my assignments. The Apple II+ that mainly being used a games machine at this stage.

I was programming BASIC when I was in year 3. Occasionally my teachers would make me write out lines for being bad, so I came up with a program that would do that for me and put it onto a printer.

I was also playing around with the level editor for Load Runner 1 and 2. That was a lot of fun.

I guess the only thing i really remember is when the first LCD screens seemed to hit the market.

Meh, my life is short..

I remember the Apple II+ that I was using for most of my school life. I was using that from Year 2 to Year 10. However from about year 7 onwards i was using the Mac SE30 for a lot of my assignments. The Apple II+ that mainly being used a games machine at this stage.

I was programming BASIC when I was in year 3. Occasionally my teachers would make me write out lines for being bad, so I came up with a program that would do that for me and put it onto a printer.

I was also playing around with the level editor for Load Runner 1 and 2. That was a lot of fun.

I find that kinda hard to beleive, considering even the most basic programming involves math beyond that which you would have been taught by year 3. That, or you were a really clever kid :p

i played atari (frogger, pac-man, ect) as a very small child

got a nintendo when i was about 7...was able to play mario upside down :D

do not remember a-track or what ever it was called...
but cassets and records i do remember, we had a record player and my mom would play "eye of the tiger" all the time.

i remember when power windows and door locks on your car were only a luxury, and no such thing as an airbag.

cell phones are larger than the average brick. none had a display.
a computer costed a few grand,...but only had like 6mb ram.

typing class in highschool ,....we used old typwriters...then the next year, they got new computers....just my luck.

i remember when i thought AOL was the internet. (multi player slingo was so fun!)

and lastly, i remember when kids would play outside :)

I find that kinda hard to beleive, considering even the most basic programming involves math beyond that which you would have been taught by year 3. That, or you were a really clever kid :p
Add and Subtract is year 1 stuff.
Multiply is year 2 stuff
Divide is late year 3, early Year 4 stuff.
Aljabra might be high school stuff, however I was able to grasp the concepts of using letters for values of number. Eg. 1+X=Y etc etc

Other things that I do remember. Old school Nintendo Game Watches. The ones with the flip screen and you have games like Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr.

The early Creative Nomads MP3 players. Creative had the whole iPOD thing going for them since the late 90's. My previous job still has his 6Gb Nomad Juke Box.
While we are still on the subject of music players, who here remembers the Sony Mini Disc Player? I used to have one until a house mate stole it from me. I did have some one ask me a few days ago if I can still get the discs.

And there was back in the VHS days where we had Lazer disc players. I have a few friends that had those. The picture and sound quality was awsome, but I was not about the pay about $100 for a movie. Hence the reason why it never took off.

Video tapes with the good old Beta Max / VHS wars. You used to go down to the video rental shop and there was a section just for Beta Max.

I remember the times when CD Roms held more than your computer's hard drive.

And of course, for all those older Mac users...... SHUFFLE PUCK CAFE.

Ahh yes, the mini disc - the revolution!! Hahaha, or it was supposed to be. My mate still has one. In high school it was the coolest and rarest gizmo anyone had...until everyone got ipods.

I remember when my family had 1MB of RAM...and that was considered huge.

Oh yeh and when 3D movies were big...just as they are again like 20years later...strange that.

My beloved Sega Master System 2 on the big old wood box CRT television that you had to bash and keep readjusting the internal antenna - a remote control was luxury and I think the only one in existence was corded lol (not that we had one), back then nobody I knew even had a home computer. About 6 years later when my rich friend got a cd-rom drive on his computer it was awesome... then later when they got a cd-burner for something like $800 that seemed god sent because we could hire psx games from the video shop and burn them to play on his chipped psx. That was around the same time cable tv started out here and watching 'Unsolved Mysteries' late at night would scare the **** out of us but was fun when I think back on it.

I remember 15 second anti-skip on Sony Walkmans. Then when G-shock came out it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I remember when I thought dial-up was fast. Who remembers the Talkboy from Home Alone? God I remember how bad I wanted one of them, then one Christmas I got it and it was glorious.

EDIT: I wikied Talkboy and remembered the Talkboy FX Plus pen that did the same thing. I think I got one for my birthday or something, it was fun to use in school and screw around with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom