What size is your total collection of music?

All of my personal music is FLAC, but my DJ is MP3. Drunk people can't tell the difference.

I can tell a difference, but not so much to really aggravate me, especially since I listen to music mostly on my little Logitech 2.1 speakers or decent (but not amazing) headphones. Or loaded on my iPod/iPhone playing through my car speakers. The only times I really care would be if I listen on my receiver sound system hooked to my TV (rarely) or I'm using my Sennheiser HD 280 Pros (which I mostly use for recording purposes anyway).

Maybe one day when I have some organization and more money to buy larger hard drives, I'll start building my FLAC collection. The only time I absolutely demand FLAC is for vinyl rips.

3b75fc41e834c3e58b891afcf75bc24b.png

I can tell a difference, but not so much to really aggravate me, especially since I listen to music mostly on my little Logitech 2.1 speakers or decent (but not amazing) headphones. Or loaded on my iPod/iPhone playing through my car speakers. The only times I really care would be if I listen on my receiver sound system hooked to my TV (rarely) or I'm using my Sennheiser HD 280 Pros (which I mostly use for recording purposes anyway).

Maybe one day when I have some organization and more money to buy larger hard drives, I'll start building my FLAC collection. The only time I absolutely demand FLAC is for vinyl rips.
I can tell a difference too, but what I meant by drunk people can't tell a difference is the MP3s are going through an EQd PA anyways so sounds better than your typical sound setup on a PC. When you mix that with a bar scene you aren't really listening for superb clarity, especially during Karaoke.

I can tell a difference too, but what I meant by drunk people can't tell a difference is the MP3s are going through an EQd PA anyways so sounds better than your typical sound setup on a PC. When you mix that with a bar scene you aren't really listening for superb clarity, especially during Karaoke.

Yeah, I gotcha. I know all about drunk karaoke crowds, haha.

This month, I ripped what I could find of my and my wife's CD collection to OGG Vorbis, and it is on our NAS. 13.3 Gigs of .ogg, and 257 megs of purchased MP3's. We can stream the ogg media to our Android phones, but not the PS3..... YET. Looking into possibly buying a Dell R210 or building a small server which can handle music and video transcoding, among other things....

Music.jpg

Back
Top Bottom