What size is your total collection of music?

clark33

In Runtime
..mines is 35.5 GB, which is my entire life collection (35 years). I play everything now and then. what is yours and if you have over 100GB, do you make use of it or does it just sit there on your HD partition?

What if you have over 200GB? Yes I do make use of it. I randomly select 30GB of it every month and put it on my Zune, yes I have one of those, and put that in my car as music for the month.

2wh1irq.jpg

There is my properties of the drive. I gave it its own HDD.

musicsize.jpg

Yea, I use all of it. One folder is DJ Music, and the other is my personal music for at home listening. I have maybe a small portion of my personal music on a 4GB SD card for my car. I don't really change it up much though as I don't listen to music in the car that much.

My music is scattered all over the place right now, but out of the music I could locate (there are a few central folders) I've calculated 196.562gb. I've listened to all of it, and it's a bit too disorganized to utilize all of it all the time unfortunately. Need to finish reorganizing. :[

I have a 2tb drive that's 90% full. Those are all FLAC though. Then, on my lappy I have a 400GB partition of the 1tb drive about half way full. My DJ drives are 2 3TB Barracudas that are each near capacity. My Google Music account has 1,607 songs on it currently.

Those are all FLAC though.

FLAC...I remember when I wanted to have my entire collection in FLAC...then I got lazy. :| And ran out of space. I have way more video media than music media, so I couldn't really afford to have everything in FLAC. For listening purposes, I find v0 mp3 encoding is good enough on my devices.

I really need to re-organize my music, clean out the stuff I don't want, and re-rip a lot of my CDs...I used to use MediaMonkey when I was younger, and it hated the last tracks on albums for some reason, always made them skip badly at the end of the track...

I don't know the physical size since I rearranged my Google Music library, but Google Music says 10,133 songs.

Back
Top Bottom