What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I had old parts laying around, cases, motherboard, RAM, PSU, HDDs, Opticals.

So I decided just to build a system out of this. All I need is a CPU. Well, I could use my Xigmatek h/s again.

So, what should I do with it? I already have a steady server. A HDCP would be pointless as I just watch things on my computer. I could make it a folding computer, but my mother is tight on the electricity bill. It's lucky I can keep my low consumption server on. I always thought of having a Ubuntu dedicated computer.

The next question, where can I fit this in my small 15 x 11ft room...

Its in a Antec P182 case if this helps

Edit: I also could try water cooling, if it doesn't cost TOO much.

Edit 2: I didn't post the specs? oh my...

Mobo: ASUS P5E
CPU: to be buying Celeron E3400 or E3500
GFX: RX 1550 (nothing special)
RAM: Wintec 2 x 1GB DDR2 800
PSU: Seasonic 500GM
HDD: OCZ Vertex 30GB or other drive if needed.
Optical: DVD burner

I wouldn't worry about water cooling as it is never cheap.

I would make a practice box for other OS's (various Linux, whatever). Sure you could dual boot, but I know from personal experience that I sometimes still need my main Windows box up and running even when I am dabbling with a different OS.

You could give it to me so i can setup a Server or HDCP. :lol:

Yeah, I was thinking of that, Trot.

I could sell it to you Mak... Could give you a bunch of Intel and AMD stock fans, though. :lol:

Some of the staff are doing reviews, but it's not that much yet. We are starting to get the attention of some smaller companies who are willing to have us review their stuff so they can get their name out there; Slay is currently communicating with a couple like this. I am trying to wrap up a set of reviews that I have been working on that have waited far too long already. :(

Well, we're not having trouble with viruses or anything, even with 7 systems on the network. Been fine since we've been on DSL in 2006. That was with our Linksys WRT54GL, Netgear WNDR3700, and now D-Link DGL-4500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom