What patches do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Confederate flag... for me it's heritage, not hatred. Whether people like it or not, I'll fly it when I darn well please.

Buttons were big back in high school. I had a few, but mainly didn't bother.

Preacher said:
Well i do know the South's history and there position today and i aint gonna example why cause that will get me banned :)
If you're thinking slavery, then know now, that that isn't the original reason that the war began. State's Rights, & Economy were the main reasons. :)

Probably a lot like it is now, but with slaves!

Seriously though, I could do with someone to clean up a bit here. Anyone want to be my slave? (It would be a sociological experiment, Sw1tch will document everything with his camera skills and everything.)

Anyone have any badges or buttons or patches on their stuff?

The only patches i got are on my uniform. This is the one i have right now. 57th Field Artillery Brigade aka "Iron Brigade"

57FABdeSSI.jpg

Evergreen said:
If you're thinking slavery, then know now, that that isn't the original reason that the war began. State's Rights, & Economy were the main reasons. :)

Your right. Legally, in the courts it boiled down to States Rights, the tenth amendment. Am I condoneing slavery, no, not ever. I just get tired of people calling me an ignorant redneck because I said the same thing. Racisim (and the civil war) is such a taboo subject even now, over 100 years later.

Granted, Im not expecting everyone to know american history, unless you are american. It was rather presumptious of me to make that statement, and I do apologize. I don't know, I just kind of figured that the American civil war or the 1860's, the riots of the 1960's, well, that's a lot fresher in peoples minds than say the british persecution of the scottish back with Richard the Lionheart. That's the reason I asked.

This is the back my patch poncho/blanket that i bring onto camps. This is some thing that I have started as a scout youth member and I will continue as a scout leader.

I used to have a lot more patches on it before. However i removed all the patches at have no or little releavance to myself. I currently have a lot of Contingent and Subcamp patches to sew on from the last Australian Jamboree which I was at last week. Plus a lot of patches from places where i was at during a trip in to the USA in 1989.

I do have half a mind to take them all off and re-organise them

Over all, this is a poncho/blanket that I use for camping, and it a basically a map of my life on where i have been. You will notice that a lot of them are scouting related.

HarperPatchPonchoJAN2007.jpg

Sadly, I lost a few during the years where I was not in the scouting movement. Most of these are patches from when i was a Venturer Scout. :( :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom