What mp3 player do you have? (if at all)

Did I get a good deal?

• Awesome deal!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-50

• No

• You got ripped off!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a creative NoMad 30Gb

I used to have a MiniDisk Player until it fell out of my bag one day.

GameGURU said:
If I were you, and you run or bike, I wouldnt get an I-Pod that doesn't use flash memory.

Or atleast that is what I always hear.

That applies to any HD-based MP3 player...

Though it would usually take over 20 minutes to skip once (unless you change tracks manually a lot, or you have songs encoded at very high bitrates), I would assume that repetitively knocking around the player for extended amounts of time cannot be good for the drive in the long run...

Flash players can probably take MUCH more abuse than HD players, as they do not have any moving parts.

Qiranworms said:
That applies to any HD-based MP3 player...

Though it would usually take over 20 minutes to skip once (unless you change tracks manually a lot, or you have songs encoded at very high bitrates), I would assume that repetitively knocking around the player for extended amounts of time cannot be good for the drive in the long run...

Flash players can probably take MUCH more abuse than HD players, as they do not have any moving parts.

Yeah, that is the thing I always hear from fitness people (one of which is myself), so when I get one it will probably be a 1gb flash Creative.

I would have though about one of the Nano's but I hear they are pretty flawed compared to the mini's.

apokalipse said:
hard drives are designed to be really tough. try taking any hard drive apart. (preferrably one you don't want anymore)

Regardless, a flash player could take much more abuse. The hard drives may be tough, but flash is still inherently tougher.

As side note, for those who intend to try and take a hard drive apart, it won't work when you put it back together, so it's best if it was already dead. :D

I have experience that I-Pods tend to break easier than any other player...

But that is just what I have seen.

Really? Or is it that just because so many more people have iPods than anything else that you see more broken iPods? :p

Either way, one player that seemed to be more breakable is the less-popular-than-it-deserved-to-be Rio Karma. But again, that's from 'what I see of just a few players', which could easily be a coincidence, and therefore cannot be regarded as fact.

Qiranworms said:
Really? Or is it that just because so many more people have iPods than anything else that you see more broken iPods? :p

Very true, or it's the word of competitors jealous that the I-Pod has dominated the last few years.

I got some cheap ass 256mb Freeman mp3 player.

Freeman515.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom