Dual Processor or Dual Core

• Dual Processor (2 x single-core)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dual Core (1 x dual-core)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
HP Deskjet 940c (piece of crap it's what it should be called).

that's ok i don't do a lot of printing. imagine, my color ink has been out for over a year!

I use a HP MFC.

It was some thing that my suppliers where giving away for free.

Over all, I find the cheaper the printer, the more expensive the running costs. I have seen people throw out printers and buy a new one as appose to buy new inks.

my dad recently got a Canon Pixma iP4000. it's much better than theother printers we used.
the first one was an Epson Stylus colour 900, which was descent, but cartridges were way too friggin expensive! about $75 for colour, $50 for black.
My dad got a new printer, a Stylus C43 for about $70 (less than a single colour cartridge for the other printer!) but it was slow.
we ended up finding a place that sells equivalent cardridges for about $10 colour and $8 for black, but the printers stopped working - not because of the cartridges. we took the Stylus 900 in to get tuned, because print quality was going down (it started to since about a couple of years before), but he said that to fix it would cost more than a new printer. and the C43 just started refusing to print for some reason.

anyway, my dad went to the place that sells the really cheap cartridges looking for a colour laser printer. but he pointed to the Canon Pixma iP4000. it is a really good printer.
it is fast, makes good quality prints, cartridges are cheaper still, and it is also extremely quiet. you can barely tell that it's printing unless you actually see the paper going through.
the other good thing is that it has individual cartridges for each colour.
with the old Epson, if one colour ran out, you'd have to wait for the rest of the colours to run out before you could put in a new cartridge.

I got 3 printers. The one is an HP photosmart 7760 (brilliant for photo's, but chows your cartridge).
The second is an HP officejet 5510 all-in-one (one of those printer, fax, copier, scanner's)
Lastly, I have a cheap HP (not sure what the model number is), very nice for basic printing, and fairly easy on the cartridges.
And yes, I do love HP printers, I find them to be the best quality and value for money.

HP 750xi printer/copier/scanner...damn cartridges cost so much. Refilling works...too.

And not until recently did I know there were two sizes of the cartridges, for mine at least, like .64 oz and 1.28 oz... many of the places we bought 'em from actually sold for the same price!

I don't do much photo-printing, but for what I have done...it's pretty good. I mainly use it for school, or scanning pictures to send to relatives...nothing big...but it has been reliable.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom