What kind of car does everyone drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh get this. A coworker of mine has the newest Evo (Evo 10, I guess), the one with the new body and motor. 300 stock HP. He fixed it up including methanol injection that pumps out a certain amount of mixture when the turbo hits 10psi and higher. He completely redid the downpipe and exhaust system. No cats at all, tweaked computer management system, intake, injectors, cams, etc. etc. etc. Well, he spend over 10 grand on mods alone so far. He lost count how much he spent but it was a lot. After all mods, Evo dynoed 384 HP to the wheels!!!! Incredible, yes?

Here's the interesting part. He was at the track and there was a guy in a new Corvette. It had a stock V8 with intake and exhaust. That's it. My friend gave him 5 car lengths head start, then he went after the Corvette in his Evo. He caught up to him in 3rd gear and the rest was history. Corvette got SMOKED by a 4cyl Evo. That guy was ****ed, needless to say.

American cars are built tough. The dramatic wrecks I get into REQUIRES me to drive an American car that doesn't kill me upon impact. You see, I love the Monte Carlo. Three gigantic door-side steel rods compared to your usual one small one on imports.

Let me tell you, that car has been in 9 wrecks, it still goes strong at 200k miles, you just gotta get that * serviced regularly.

Foreign cars are cars of death, with the exception of perhaps a few.

Dodge for speed
Ford for killing whoever hits you

YouTube - New Chinese Car Crash Test Disaster - 2007 Brilliance BS6 OWNED!!!

Most imports as seen from news footage of crash tests and consumer reports have significantly improved due to curtain airbags upon collision, occupant sensitive/dual stage airbags, emergency brake assist/collision mitigation which is found on a lot of sedans and SUVs these days. There are sensors placed on rear and front bumpers that are like a radar system which are tied into the vehicles emergency braking system. It's a neat feature. If you get too close, the car will automatically slow down depending on rate of speed and distance. Also integrated now are the new VDIM with active steering control and SRS Twin chamber Airbag system.

There's a lot of safety features on imports or domestic in general to limit fatality.

I think laws are stricter in America, which helps.

However, you may be right, perhaps now things are different, but I happen to love my Monte Carlo. I like it's reputation, I like it's look, I like it's durability, I like it's safety, I like it's factory speaker system (which truly is awesome!), I like it's speed, I like it's gas mileage, I like the way it doesn't want to go to the right like a ford, I like how it just wants to go when you are sitting at a red light, I like how it's the same build as the Monte Carlo on the racetrack that wins often, I like how it has two oil gauges, one low and one REALLY low, and FINALLY, I like how it runs good at 200k miles!

Now older cars like the ones fro the 60's are just monsters. If you ever get into a wreck with one of those, ha, you're in for a long day. The old car probably won't have a dent at all.

I wrecked my Altima by rear ending an old 1980's Silverado. He had a rear taillight that got busted and a small portion of his bumper caving into the rear.

Welll.....my Altima was crunched, lol. My whole front end was just smashed up and the engine totaled, radiator smashed, etc. So funny to see his truck do so well.

ive wrecked 3 civics (not my faults) and they have all just crumbled like a aluminum can.

they are light weight, yes, but safe? no

i feel safer in my mustang than any other car i've owned. plus the ladies like it ;)

I don't know why Ford, Dodge, and GM are going retro with the car's styling. For marketing purposes, they need to focus on new styling that attract the younger crowd because there are more consumers between the age of 20-40 than there are 50-70 (because they're all dying out :p). The Chrysler 300M would've been a great sedan, but man, that look is hideous. The front grill of that thing looks like it's about to bite someone's ***!!

most of the american vehicle sales come from trucks.

i mean how many F250/350's do you see in a given day. ALOT

I drive a 1999 Ford Tarus SE

Bought it for $2600 about 8 months ago.

Its nice having a V-6 Compared to the Little 4 banger my moms Hyundai which I learned to drive on had.

But it is a huge car, has something like 4 feet on my moms.

Only mods Ive dont to it are some strobes in the headlights, new Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, and some neon green cold cathodes under the dash.

Gonna buy a new muffler for it to make it sound mean, and remove the intake silencer or perhaps buy a cold air intake it i can find one that fits...

Pics up soon...

Oh get this. A coworker of mine has the newest Evo (Evo 10, I guess), the one with the new body and motor. 300 stock HP. He fixed it up including methanol injection that pumps out a certain amount of mixture when the turbo hits 10psi and higher. He completely redid the downpipe and exhaust system. No cats at all, tweaked computer management system, intake, injectors, cams, etc. etc. etc. Well, he spend over 10 grand on mods alone so far. He lost count how much he spent but it was a lot. After all mods, Evo dynoed 384 HP to the wheels!!!! Incredible, yes?

Here's the interesting part. He was at the track and there was a guy in a new Corvette. It had a stock V8 with intake and exhaust. That's it. My friend gave him 5 car lengths head start, then he went after the Corvette in his Evo. He caught up to him in 3rd gear and the rest was history. Corvette got SMOKED by a 4cyl Evo. That guy was ****ed, needless to say.

I was at the track with my brother, in our STi which is now pushing 413hp to the wheels and yes we did beat a Z06 corvette off the line and through the turns, but as soon as we hit the straight-a-ways and the wide banked turns we got our asses handed to us. 170mph top speed vs >200mph top speed.

Oh and TRDCorolla, 384hp is not that impressive. I regularly meet many drivers, be it STi, Evo, Supra, Rx-7 or what that are pushing well over 500hp to the wheels (Supra's: >700hp easy). Now that is impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom