What happens when you Assume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
ok so I was in History class today right? and we have this awsome teacher...his name is Mr.V and any way hes real down to earth and such....but any way he tought us a cool way to rember what happens when you assume...

ASSUME = ***+U+ME

its basically saying when you assume you make a a$$ of you and Me....wich I think is true in most cases:D

*music from opening of 2001*
ooo ooo ahhh ahh[me monkey]
[me touches monolith]
[flying bone sequence]

Assumptions are things that are necessary in time crunches, and have made/broken many situations. One assumption that made a very positive ending was the atom bomb's in japan. Without those, we would've lost the lives of thousands upon thousands of more Americans in the Pacific War. We kinda 'assumed' the bombs would work alright. No one was quite sure what would happen.

Ryan

well it was said that we also assumed that it wouldn't ignight a chain reaction in the atmosphere causing the complete loss of the Earths atmosphere. Also didn't Japan serender before the second bomb was dropped?
But your right FghtinIrshNvrDi alot of lives were saved,
but alot were lost.
I just don't like wars, hopefully there will never be that much collateral damage again.

It's sad when you have to go to the extreme measures of a war, but sometimes it's necessary. I don't think Japan gave up until the second bomb. There wasn't a complete loss of the atmosphere though... We're still breathing.

Ryan

yeah well obviosly but it's something they wern't sure of when they were first testing the bombs.
---------------------------------
[edit]
its sort of sad, heres the story from wikipedia:
The Supreme Council met at 10:30. Prime Minister Suzuki, who had just come from a meeting with the Emperor, said it was impossible to continue the war. Foreign Minister Togo said that they could accept the terms of the Potsdam Declaration, but they needed a guarantee of the Emperor's position. Navy Minister Yonai said that they had to propose something—they could no longer afford to wait for better circumstances. In the middle of the meeting, news arrived that Nagasaki, on the west coast of Kyushu, had been hit by a second atomic bomb.
[/edit]

aha, they were tossing around the idea WHILE the bomb dropped. Looks like Truman made the decision for them. My granddad came back from the Pacific campaign and voted for Truman. He pretty much owed his life to him. Granddad was a tail gunner on a B17 Flying Fortress. Well, he came back and voted for Truman, that's for sure. It was the famous election with the newspapers, "Dewey Defeats Truman!" That was the last time an O'Hanlon in my family tree voted for a democrat. ;)

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
aha, they were tossing around the idea WHILE the bomb dropped. Looks like Truman made the decision for them. My granddad came back from the Pacific campaign and voted for Truman. He pretty much owed his life to him. Granddad was a tail gunner on a B17 Flying Fortress. Well, he came back and voted for Truman, that's for sure. It was the famous election with the newspapers, "Dewey Defeats Truman!" That was the last time an O'Hanlon in my family tree voted for a democrat. ;)

Ryan

haha thats so sweet :cool: your dad was a tail gunner on B17 and all......exactly what year was that newspaper posted... I would like search a archive and see if I can find a picture :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom