What A Great Gift :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
Well, last Sunday 6/22 my wife and son handed me an envelope at 12:30....they said happy belated fathers day and happy early 50TH birthday....I opened the envelope and found 2 tickets to go see Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, that night at 7:30!

I was pumped and asked my wife what time we were leaving....she said she was not going , my 16 year old son was going with me!

Now you have to understand...Tom Petty has been my musical idol since his first album came out with the heartbreakers back in 1976.....so my son has hear these guys his whole life! i have videos of him when he was like 3 years old, dancing on our bed with sunglasses and a little guitar and singing Tom Petty songs, and yes he knew the words to most songs....lol

Anyway to make a long story short we made the 2 hour drive up to Blossom music center in Cuyahoga Falls , Ohio to see the concert.

It was one of the BEST times in my life....a great time that I will never forget having my son with me....we stood the whole concert and sang every song right along with the band.

That was one of the best gifts and greatest times that I have ever had, and it will be embedded in my mind forever.....just had to share this with someone :):

I hope I posted this in the right forum.

2620459005_7b6fa2f2e2_o.jpg

2621281194_5323a11104_o.jpg

2621281364_3bfcb5f700_o.jpg

2621281056_f3861c1e2e_o.jpg

2621281854_5d17859011_o.jpg

2621282500_2cd10745c7_o.jpg

Since it is my birthday today....here is the song of the day.
YouTube - Tom Petty - Saving Grace

thats sick dude. your wife is pretty awesome, i mean gaming rigs, tom petty tickets.. whats next!? super cool present :)

I went to a Tom Petty concert about 20 - 25 years ago or so. It was soon after he injured his hand and he started touring again. It had been rumored at the time that his career was over. But he recovered, and even though it was too long ago to remember all of the details, I do recall that he rocked the house down though. He played all of the favorites and even a new tune that wasn't recorded yet. I recorded the concert with a little pocket tape recorder too. Off course the quality stunk, but the great music still shone through.
He's one of the all time greats and I'm really happy that you enjoyed yourself.
Thanks for sharing your pictures and stimulating my own memories. :)

I recall when he injured his hand arcticap ....man that was a few years ago....I am so glad it did not end his career. They have always been my favorite band ever since I purchased Hard Promises in 1976, I believe.

I have all of the albums....and yes most are albums....you know the big vinyl records....lol.

This was the 1st time that I have ever saw them in concert and my wife got the tickets the day they went on sale in february...that is how we got the good seats.....I still get excited talking about it....I just loved it and now I want to go see them again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom