What is going on with UPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my video card is actually coming a day early. Tracking showed 12/11 but it says out for delivery right now.

First time UPS has ever come early for me haha.

Buuuuut it's DOA.

Awesome.

Guess I'll get to use it in about 2 months.

Is it only me who has never had any electronics item DOA :confused: ? Seems to happen alot to people on here.

First time for me.

Although I'm not saying 100% DOA yet. I will test in my dad's computer when he gets home (if it fits in his case o_O).

Also when I put my other video card back in, it said overclocking had failed and reset to default. I'm not sure why it did that, so maybe...just maybe... that was the issue. Or maybe it said that because I turned it on and off so many times. Who knows.

I'm pretty ****ed right now though.

I got an RMA replacement card that was DOA. It was an upgrade from the original card .so it was a real disappointment (for Vern as it was to go to him), but Sapphire replaced it with a better upgrade in the end.

This can be said of any carrier. I have had damaged boxes come from FedEx, UPS, USPS, Royal Mail and so many more. It doesnt have to be XMas time but that doesnt help as more packages are sent out this time of year and that causes the warehouses to move more packages and not care how they are handled, marked as fragile or not.

I have had inside knowledge of UPS and i have had extensive conversations with the drivers. It is a VERY tough job they do. Only compounded at this time of year. The Drivers themselves load the truck. Then they have to make ALL of the deliveries and pickups and only after getting back to the warehouse they departed from can they end their day after unloading their packages yet again. So it is a very tedious task to load up that truck and get on the road ASAP so that by chance they can get done and maybe see family before they have to start all over again. Did i mention that anything over 12 hours they dont get paid for?

So yes there is great incentive to get the job done and as quickly as possible with great disregard for anything else at XMas time. Does it suck? Of course. Is it fair that your items have to suffer? by no means. But it is the truth.

^^^^^ they also get paid $30+ an hour. And most jobs that pay that high are salaried jobs so it really doesn't go by pay/hour anyway so of course over time isn't really factored.

I'd cut UPS some slack..but I've had to much trouble with them. Claiming my address doesn't exist when I see them drive by weekly. And then the last time my dad ordered something it was marked 5 times in red sharpie to hold at the UPS place....dad had to call 3 different people, all said it wasn't marked...they finally told him he could go pick it up....and BAM marked all over instructing them to hold.

eh...just with everything you're gonna get bad apples. It's human error too..I mean...how mad can you be over someone dropping something? I knew if someone got mad every time I dropped something I'd be on a noose by now lol

Yes i understand that but they do not get paid $30 an hour. the guys i know and talk to daily get paid only about $15 an hour. They are salary but that still doesnt mean these people want to spend 15 hours working a day 6 days a week. My wife is salary and she has to put in only 50 hours a week. 4 days by 12 hours and she stays after about 30-45 minutes everyday to get those extra couple of hours. So i know fully well what is expected of salaried people.

FedEx is tracked by GPS. They have one in every single truck. If they spend to much time at any single location, they get a phone call. I have personally had the FedEx driver get called standing right next to me from Dispatch wondering why he was in my store for more than 5 minutes. I got on the phone to explain to them that my Manager was busy and couldnt sign for the High Value Merchandise that only he could sign for and that was why the driver was still there.

So yeah it is a lot of pressure to be a driver for one of these companies. I get a chance to talk to FedEx and UPS almost daily. They deliver Mon-Sat at my store and i get a chance to converse with them about many things. Some of them i knew from when i worked at B&K Components. It is a lot more due to human error. Not even on the driver's end. It could have been at the transport warehouse that deleivered to the local warehouse where it was dispatched to your house. It could have happened on the dispatch to the airport for the next day or 2 day delivery. There is no knowing exactly when it happened unless someone wants to fess up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom