What is going on with UPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
Has anybody else had any problems with UPS damaging your packages? In the past couple of months, I have had 2 packages that were shipped UPS and both were damaged. You should have seen the boxes.

This past week I had my video card RMA'd through EVGA and today I just got the replacement back(still having the same problem, another topic) and I happened to be around when he came in because I had to sign for it. I noticed when he got the package from the back of the truck, he just threw it by the steps. Luckily no physical damage that I can see. You would think when he knows there is going to people around, he would be more careful.

That is one reason I have been using USPS here lately. UPS also seems to cost a whole lot more than USPS.

OK, my rant is over. I just had to get that off my chest.

I bought a popcorn popper that had a big crack in it and received a spotlight that didn't work at all.

I guess UPS just doesn't care anymore. They probably have so many packages to handle in a days time that they don't take the time to handle them carefully.

UPS has been awful around here for quite a while. i couldn't count the number of times I have received mutilated packages from them. Thankfully everything has always been packed really good (thanks, NewEgg) and survived the manhandling. While I have had an episode or three with FedEx, UPS is way, way, worse.

Honestly, I have had no problems using USPS other than a package returned because I misspelled the street name.

UPS is rotten, gotten plenty of banged up and damaged goods from them. Even if the stuff works the packaging is pretty beat up. Erratic delivery times too, they could drop it off anywhere between 6am and 8pm around my way and won't even ring the bell.

You do know 90% of it, is either the sorting department on the shippers end, or the customers end, it is always one of those, but in transit, they hardly become damaged, it's just when at the sorting facilities...

I will say this, FedEx here in Louisville KY is one of the WORST places ever, deep cuts into boxs, all the time... But my local UPS sorting facilitie handles packages nicely, just the usual rounded off corners from being handled so much, that every package gets while being put in transit.

Just got a delivery from UPS today, box arrived in perfect condition from Ebuyer.com

Now CityLink, they are crap. My TV arrived with both corners totally smashed in. Every CityLink parcel i get is bashed up but the contents are okay as long as there fairly light.

RoyalMail are best, never had even a slightly damaged box from them.

All cardboard boxed items are supposedly designed to indure 1meter drops at the sorting center when they come of the conveyor belts. But different couriers obviously use different ways of sorting there mail.

I think my video card is actually coming a day early. Tracking showed 12/11 but it says out for delivery right now.

First time UPS has ever come early for me haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom