What else are you in to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pen'N'Paper Role Play Game :- Sadly, this is some thing that I have fallen out of the loop with. I would like to find a regulare group once again. However finding one is rather hard.

I have been trying to start one in TF2 mate go at a look.

Music before PC's for me.
I am various site's with music fans and am always reviewing/interviewing artists in the scene.
PC's (Media and The Net).
Graphic Novels.
Jamming with friends and my acoustic guitar.

Probably my favorite thing to do is ride dirtbikes/quads/snowmobiles. Although I only have a snowmobile at the moment, but I wish wish wish I had a dirtbike. I miss my old one so much. :'(

I was into R/C for a while. I had a HPI Savage nitro monster truck, which was really fun to mess with, but also pretty expensive. I sold it (as a roller) because I blew the motor and couldn't afford to replace it, and figured it'd just sit there forever. I got a little money out of it at least.

I also really enjoy BMX, fishing, and anything outdoors really (which you might find hard to believe, cause I sit on the computer all day...but yeah).

One of my largest passions is free running/parkour. I've been training for a little over 2 years now and am getting fairly good. Me and my mates are filming a video soon and gonna try and see if we can get it on our schools tv show hopefully. I go to a gymnastics center once a week and its helping a ton. In the past two weeks ive learned how to wall flip, wall spin, backflip, and aerial there. I can be found in the weight room everyday after school. I lift 5 days a week for 2+ hours a day. I used to be a really good swimmer for the varsity team at my school for the past 2 years but it being 6 days a week for 3 hours a day for over 3 months, i just could not stand it anymore. So this year I did olympic weightlifting. I narrowly missed state qualifying on my last lift which was disappointing but still alright since i lift at the junior level and its my first year. For some reason, recently ive really been obsessed with nutrition. I'm 16 and about 5'8" and 140 lbs with little to no body fat but i just really enjoy eating healthy.

Basicallly, the only reason I do the above for is for free running. I love it more than anything in my life and it is a huge part of me.

free running/parkour I have always found both interesting and I would love to get into it as a hobby, how did you start? I want to get into it but I have no idea where to start.

vaults are a great place to start because most are not very hard to master with a little practice and can lead into a lot more advanced moves. All you need is a picnic table or a rail and try to get over it in various ways. When I started, I searched youtube for tutorials on the different vaults and practiced on the picnic table in my lawn. Some of the more simpler vaults are monkey, kong, speed, lazy, reverse (360), and dash.

Start small. Wouldn't want to hurt yourself by going to fast. Here's a tutorial to get you started in the right direction
YouTube - Monkey Vault Tutorial

Oh I just also wanted to add one other thing. Whenever you are landing ANYTHING in parkour, make sure to land on the balls of your feet. The balls of your feet are a lot stronger than the fatty heel and will absorb the shock much better, preventing injuries.

Thanks for that, I am after a activity that dosent involve sitting down for hours on end.

I myself compete in car audio competitions, SPL more than SQ. The thing I am most in to is my truck, and mudding/trail riding. I have a '79 Chevy Silverado with a built 350 small block, turbo 350 trans, 4" suspension lift, 36" mud treads, and a hole s*** load of dents and roll overs under it's belt. ;) I haven't taken it out in the past couple months due to a locked up transfer case. The last time I did take it out I pulled out 7 trucks, all stuck in the same hole. I decided to show my as*, and pulled into the hole and got out to talk to all the people. Got back in and pulled right out (thanks to my turbo 350... :D). That's why my transfer case locked up though, I think I got mud into housing.

Um...
I like building weapons. And computers. And turning computers into weapons. I'll take some pics later, post em up. Apart from that, I like programming, building new computers, messing around with 'electronic stuff', having relaxation time, and browsing random sites on the interwebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom