What does 3G mean in cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a few commercials with them advertising 4g in major cities and being the first with a functional 4g network....

I know, I've seen it, it's what made me remember it. :p I'm saying, with Sprint's problems with money and lost customers lately, I don't expect it to last long without severe financial backing.

Spit: Really? Is it codenamed the "raptor" network?

True, I remember a few months ago sprint terminated a few hundred customers contracts because the customers called more than twice a year over technical issues with the phones/network....

Sprint sucks. Plain and simple.

Example:

At my apartment on the beach - I get less than 1 bar of signal. (It goes in and out constantly - Making a phone call is impossible / text message fail constantly)

My girlfriend has T-mobile and has full bars all the time at the apartment

At work inside our building - Same thing as at home.

My girlfriend has full bars inside my building.

I'm going with T-Mobile

Sprint sucks. Plain and simple.

Example:

At my apartment on the beach - I get less than 1 bar of signal. (It goes in and out constantly - Making a phone call is impossible / text message fail constantly)

My girlfriend has T-mobile and has full bars all the time at the apartment

At work inside our building - Same thing as at home.

My girlfriend has full bars inside my building.

I'm going with T-Mobile

And in many places, T-Mobile sucks and sprint has better signal.

it just depends on where you go.

I have sprint now, have had them since 2005.

Love the data speed..120kb/s down speed in most areas.

Also have a solid plan..... get 500 anytime minutes and unlimited text/data.picturemail and unl nights and weekends from 7pm plus insurance for $43 a month after taxes.

Do you have / had T-mobile or Sprint?

I have had T-Mobile. I switched cause it was worse than what you described. But that is also in the states. In the UK T-Mobile has been around for over 10 years and is what AT&T is here, since AT&T bought out Cingular which was Cell-One.

So it does also depend on where you are and what companies are around.

In the States AT&T, Verizon are the dominate. Sprint bough out Nextel and is in a close tie with T-Mobile for service now. Then comes all the local companies that stink. Cricket, Blue and so on.

I went from T-Mobile to AT&T and it was basically how you described. T-Mobile couldnt get service anywhere. Not in my apartment not in my work (At that time). Switched and it was like a light switch. Once i got the AT&T phones i had full signal everywhere.

It may be different in Aussie where you are. But T-Mobile here in the states isnt the greatest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom