what do you think? No flaming/ Bush/ Anti war/ blah blah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and one more thing.

If they move here legitimately, drop the whole "I love Mexico" thing (flags, etc.), because if you love Mexico so much, then live there, not here.

If they move here legitimately, drop the whole "I love Mexico" thing (flags, etc.), because if you love Mexico so much, then live there, not here.

Agreed.

I say come to the US, but come here legally, and be prepared to melt into our culture by at least learning English and grasping on to a bit of patriotism.

It's a shame that different nations have bad living conditions. But we can't just open the gates for everyone to just flood in. Doing so just lowers the living conditions of the people who are here legally. Illegals suck from society. We pay, they use. Police, fire, medicine, education, transportation, rehabilitation, etc... are all funded through legal citizen tax-payers that want to improve their society. The more illegals we allow in, the more taxes we pay, and the less jobs we have.

So whether it's a wall or a webcam, I think we need to find a solution to this problem before it gets any worse. If you want to give to these people in need through organizations, churches that support missions, or whatever- that's the right way to do it. But when our government forces our society to cover the cost of those that don't contribute to it, that's not cool.

But when our government forces our society to cover the cost of those that don't contribute to it, that's not cool.

Very diplomatic, but very true.

excellent points made guys.

you know, we're nice enough that we accept people from all around the world into our country. and you know, i'm willing to put up with some mexican flag bumper stickers or something. but when i drive by a home with a huge mexican flag in the front yard and NO american flag, by god that ****es me the **** off.

if you come to our country, respect our country. learn the language, become part of the culture, and DON'T EXPECT SPECIAL TREATMENT. i can't stand it when people illegally come here, have kids, and then expect special hispanic scholarships and all that whatnot. it's not fair to the people who were born here and have been part of this country their whoe lives.

Here's another thing (and don't take this the wrong way, I have many friends who are Mexican and I am in no way racist):

They have Mexican flags, they came here from Mexico, then have "Viva la Mexico!" bumper stickers, yet they insist they are "hispanic" or "latino" ... what happened to them being Mexican? The only reason I can think of that would make them not want to be called Mexican is if they were embarassed that they were from Mexico, in which case, why do they have all the flags and bumper stickers and everything?

Nigerians are from Nigeria
Chinese are from China
Japanese are from Japan
Indians are from India
English are from England
Americans are from America
Germans are from Germany
Italians are from Italy
Mexicans are from Mexico

It's as simple as that.

And another:

I don't know if you people have heard of the prison in southern California (the name slipped my mind) where instead of teaching the prison gaurds to speak spanish, they are forcing the prisoners to speak english. Which makes sense, but anywho. There has been a slew of "latinos" or whatever they want to be called complaining about how it's like Nazi Germany, this and that, it's oppressive. Dude, if we were to get locked up in a Mexican prison, first off it would be a heck of a lot worse than an American one, and secondly, there is no way in **** they would be learning english so they could communicate with us, no way, they'd make us speak spanish. Heck, they wouldn't even go through the trouble of teaching us spanish, we'd have to figure it out on our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom