What do you think about Newegg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Wow, I can't say enough. I mean, I ordered a new Kingston USB 2.0 8GB flash drive for $26 online like yesterday. Today, it's already out for delivery. I have NEVER seen any company have a one day turnaround like Newegg. Maybe it's because I live in California too and it's being shipped from City of Industry, California (about 15 minutes away from where I live), but the fact that they are on top of it is a sign of a great company.

In fact, most of my items ordered from Newegg has always arrived no more than 3 days at the most!!! Usually, I will see it in two days. That's something really, really rare. Plus, a lot of the Newegg items don't have delivery charges. That's why I got that USB flash drive: for the free delivery and because it was so cheap for an 8GB USB flash drive.

I've seen a similar item at Best Buy for like $68!!!!!! Man, Newegg is truly your friend.

Lets put it this way, i recently built a new rig, i got over half my stuff that i ordered the day after i order it. and i live in Florida. they're super fast. and i even picked the 3-5 day method lol. got it on the 2nd day.

I hate them, they take up to a week to get my stuff to me, no matter who it goes through. Recently they suspended my account because I supposedbly live outside the country, even though the shipping addy, and the credit card are both shown to be here in kentucky. Talked to them, guess one day my internet connection used a proxy located somewhere in mexico, and the next day jumped to canada.... They said that they would re-activate my account, well two months later, and constant attempts to get it re-activated, I have given up on the slimy ********. BTW, Tigerdirect has always given me much quicker turn arounds, usualy they ship the same day and have a part to me with in 2 days of my order, just a lot more expensive, and not as many choices.

That's too bad about your experience. I do hope Newegg will expand overseas though. They've always had plans for that eventually.

As for the shipping, Newegg always give you a so-called "worse case" scenario type deal where they say UPS or FedEX 3 Days, but really, it usually ends up being at least 2 days. In my case, it's one day. I ordered the sucker like at 4am the previous day. Now, it's out for delivery, lol. I guess it also depends if the item is in what warehouse. They have one in each region of the US (west and east coast).

Stinks for people who live where they have their warehouses, though. They have to pay sales tax which definitely negates some of the savings. I once saw them work out a deal in TN (I think) where for like one week if you ordered through them you could fill out a form and the state government would refund the sales tax you'd paid. Never seen a company do that before!

Exactly, as jorsoft said, I live in NJ so I pay tax so I typically don't order from there and instead go with ZZF. However, their selection is incredible, so when I need something really specific that ZZF doesn't carry, I go with Newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom