What do you think abot Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

komox

Beta member
I would like to discuss this topic
What do you know about this country and what do you think about it?
Have you ever been in Russia or have you ever visited russian websites at least ('ru' domain)?
The rumors has it that people from USA and Europe have a lot of prejudices and biased opinions? Is it true?

Well personally i think Russia is a country of extremes, there is the supper rich an the supper poor.

Politically that is a tough one, there is a argument that until the current generation of political leaders is no more there is little hope because they are so use to the communist system. The current Russian PM is trying to push the USA an the rest of NATO by resuming armed nuclear flights over the north pole that just smacks of communist era policy an tactics.

They have one of the largest army's in the world with the worlds second largest nuclear arsenal, but they cannot maintain a large fleet an from what i can ascertain the pay for a conscript is nearly non existent an the training has become sub standard compared to most other nations.

The Russian people who i have met (not many sadly) all seem very nice but they where not a a good cross section of the Russian people.

Rich history, diverse people. I have visited many Russian sites. some are good, but many are virus-magnets, and there are a boatload of hacker sites there.

I've never visited, but would love to. Outside of the Communist era, there is a lot of things I would like to see.

Russia is a cold place, it is a huge land with many citizens not as much as China's. Russian sites suck cause most don't have a translation in English. If you visit a famous greek site it has 100% an English Translation URL.

it'd be fun to visit.

rough past with U.S. though.
I see this topic going down hill very quickly.

All the Russian sites I've seen are total virus magnets. Never been to the country but I would love to go. I haven't met many Russians but they've been, unfortunately, negative experiences. All that I've met have been greasy, slick snakes and con artists.When I used to sell computers I work with this guy who would constantly lie to customers and rip them off just to make a better sale. He lied about a lot of his personal life, too, so maybe he was just a compulsive liar. But I've not met a good cross section of the Russian people, which is sad. I've only met the negative stereotypes, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom