Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
medium resolution, high settings, or high resolution, medium/low settings?

personally, i think medium resolution with high settings looks better. for example, i run oblivion at 800x600, as i can then up some viewing distances, and run 4xAA.

Last time i played a game, was GTA3.

I played on 640*480 Medium settings.

*My computer is so pathetic, its got less power than a KIA*

BTW, i just tried to play FarCry which i borrowed from somebody. On low settings, low resolution, it lagged more than i've ever seen.

Oh, and the system overheated to about 60 degrees from 32 degrees before.

I'm wondering if a video card would actually let me game, or just give me bragging rights?

1024 X 768 or 800x600 with AA and high/med settings is my favorite since it balances quality and speed for my machine usually. I dont mind not using my LCDs native resolution really, it looks pretty good to me still.

Anything older then doom 3 type graphics though I just max with high res.

Talldude, although your processor and rest of your specs arnt exactly awesome, getting a decent video card would be highly benficial for you. If you put in a decent video card and another 512 ram you'd be good for most games, not on max settings but still good.

Mr_Threepwood said:
Talldude, although your processor and rest of your specs arnt exactly awesome, getting a decent video card would be highly benficial for you. If you put in a decent video card and another 512 ram you'd be good for most games, not on max settings but still good.

Would i be able to play new games with more memory and a 256MB card? I know the requirements usually say Athlon/Pentium 1.6Ghz and up, and my processor is way higher than that.

1024x768 4aa 16af all max because source is so inconsistant on the fps that max/low gives me pretty much the same fps

sometimes on max i get over 100, sometimes on low i get under 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom