What do you do in your spare time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
Lately, I've had a lot of spare time, being without a job for the past few weeks. Which, in turn, has lead me to be on the computer, a lot more than I'd like. However, I don't have much else to do. If I'm working, my spare time goes towards spending time with the family. I've gotten to do that a lot more lately, and I do enjoy it. However, they're not always here, like right now. I find myself sittin' in front of the computer, wasting away... If I'm not spending time with my family, I'm usually ridin' my bikes, or tinkering with them. I'd be doing that today, but my truck is currently out of commission due to a bent driveshaft and axle. Can't take my bikes out, and can't go to my parent's where the other bikes are, since I am without a vehicle at the moment.

I'm bored out of my mind! What all do you do, hobby wise? What all do you do to pass the time on the computer? I usually play games, but lately, even that has got boring.

im kinda in the same boat as you. i got a job as a life guard at raging waters, but for right now we are only open onthe weekends, so im only working 2 days a week... i have 4 fish tanks, a 10 gallon, a 2.5 gallon, a 30 gallon and a 120gallon tank that isnt set up yet. also, i collect diecast model mustangs, i used to have a 68' mustang GT with a 302 in it, i rebuilt the engine and it didnt work ( i was 14 at the time ), so i rebuilt the engine again, by this time i was 17 and needed a working car so i could get a job, so i gave my mustang to my mom and she bought me a 2000 Ford focus. now the mustang just sits in my back yard rusting. My brother is a professional Beach volleyball player, there is a sand court at a college by our house, so we go there and practice a lot, im no professional, but when my brother and i go to the beach, we can beat just about anyone... some good fun and keeps us in shape.

Back in highschool i was on the weight lifting team. at a mere 155 pounds i could bench 275, squat 380, military press 285, bicep curl 160. i was a beast, i would work out 2 hours a day every day, i was on the top of the line protein supplement. then i graduated in 09'and havnt really worked out since, i really miss it, it was a huge part of my life, but its a lot more difficult to work out in the real world. :/

all my friends have off road jeeps, and we go off roading about 3 or 4 times a week, i dont have a off road vehicle, this summer im hoping ill make enough money to buy one so ill have my own rig to play with in the mud and rocks.

My 10 gallon fish tank
DSC_0123-1.jpg

My friends jeep in the middle of the Mohave dessert
December-05_0057-7.jpg

My models, i have more now but dont feel like taking a new picture
IMG00499.jpg

the beautiful engine in my 68' mustang that looks awesome but wouldnt run :(
000_0001.jpg

all my friends have off road jeeps, and we go off roading about 3 or 4 times a week, i dont have a off road vehicle, this summer im hoping ill make enough money to buy one so ill have my own rig to play with in the mud and rocks.

That's why my truck is out of commission right now. I took it out last time I went up to my parent's house, which was a bad idea. Went to the "Dollar Holes" to test out the body mounts, and someone around there, tried filling in one of the deeper ruts, and I hit it at around 25mph, and felt a sharp jolt to the left. Pulled out, and saw my axle was about 15 degrees off, and my drive shaft about the same, with a huge hole through it.

I've never liked Mustangs, but I own it's better looking sister car. At least, a better lookin' fox body... A 1986 Mercury Capri. I actually sold it to be crushed, 'cause I was havin' a baby, and needed the money. The yard thought it was in too good of condition to smash it. One of the guys bought it, and couldn't do anything like he planned. Listed it on craigslist, and I found it. Bought it when I had the money, and it sits waiting for a new engine to be built. (Old picture, looks the same, without the grime, and for sale sign. I'm not selling this ***** again)

1986MercuryCapri001.jpg

Currently, I'm just waiting for the funds for a turbo and intercooler, and will have it running when I get that. This is my first car ever. I bought it from my parents, when I was 13, with the intentions of having it running before I was 16. It was basically a death trap. Engine caught fire twice, engulfing the entire windshield at 65mph coming home from Christmas, and then sittin' at a rest stop (different occasion), and melting the entire wiring system. Hasn't ran since. I've rebuilt the 2.3L that was in it, but could never get compression, had a guy rebuild a different 2.3L, but he screwed me over, and gave me a "rebuilt" 2.3L with a cracked head. Now I have a 2.3L out of an '86 SVO 'stang, that was in pieces.

im kinda in the same boat as you. i got a job as a life guard at raging waters, but for right now we are only open onthe weekends, so im only working 2 days a week... i have 4 fish tanks, a 10 gallon, a 2.5 gallon, a 30 gallon and a 120gallon tank that isnt set up yet. also, i collect diecast model mustangs, i used to have a 68' mustang GT with a 302 in it, i rebuilt the engine and it didnt work ( i was 14 at the time ), so i rebuilt the engine again, by this time i was 17 and needed a working car so i could get a job, so i gave my mustang to my mom and she bought me a 2000 Ford focus. now the mustang just sits in my back yard rusting. My brother is a professional Beach volleyball player, there is a sand court at a college by our house, so we go there and practice a lot, im no professional, but when my brother and i go to the beach, we can beat just about anyone... some good fun and keeps us in shape.

Back in highschool i was on the weight lifting team. at a mere 155 pounds i could bench 275, squat 380, military press 285, bicep curl 160. i was a beast, i would work out 2 hours a day every day, i was on the top of the line protein supplement. then i graduated in 09'and havnt really worked out since, i really miss it, it was a huge part of my life, but its a lot more difficult to work out in the real world. :/

My 10 gallon fish tank
DSC_0123-1.jpg

My friends jeep in the middle of the Mohave dessert
December-05_0057-7.jpg

My models, i have more now but dont feel like taking a new picture
IMG00499.jpg

the beautiful engine in my 68' mustang that looks awesome but wouldnt run :(
000_0001.jpg

If its just rusting id like that car. Seriously.

As for me on my spare time i usually play guitar, drums, or do something with my computer. Me and my gf skate at the park during the day but i dont consider that spare time because its worked into our weekly schedule to try and get back in shape, and stay in shape. Plus, i got my family into it and its been a blast at the skating rink.

Unfortunatly, the mustang isnot for sale, since my mom was my age she has wanted a 68 mustang, and she will never sell it. which is unfortunate cause its just sitting back there... makes me sad.

Pretty much anything I can afford to do. :)

mostly remodeling my new house, doing research, and making evil plans. :)

You know whats f'd up? My mom has a 68 Mustang sitting as well. I took the straight 6 out of it when i lived at home and put a 302 in it that i bought from a friend for 500 bucks. I redid the car all the way but had to stop due to funds. She ran, looked good (Well, for an amature paint job at least), the interior was half way complete but 200% better than before, and all it really needed was to be registered again, insprected, and get a new windshield and kept running. What does she do with it? Let it sit there and totally ruin my paint job i did. On top of that she *****es about needing a running car. I was like ok, bam 2001 Cavalier that ive kept up and runs perfect WITH fixed AC. She says no 3 days later cause it was her first car. GRRRRRRR Know whats even worse than that? My dad has a 67 GTA with a rebuilt 289 hipo that he used to race when i was smaller. It sits right next to the 68 collecting a **** ton of dust and rust. Any Mustang ive found on Craigs around here they either wanted way to much or it was in to bad of a job to fix in an apartment complex. What a total bummer.

had a relative cling to a camaro I wanted. they died and it sat there in thier garage and then got stolen and ended up in the creek. would have been nice to have it.

I actually just posted a thing on Facebook. Aimed directly at both my parents without even mentioning anybody or any name. Hopefully they get the point (more specifically my mom) and i wind up with a Mustang LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom