What to do with old computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I turned my old 486 into a classic gaming machine, complete with an OS/2 dual boot, Win3.1 and MS-DOS 6.22. Don't you wanna be just like me and do that too? :p

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
what do you do with old hardware to get it out of the garage?
Depends on how old.

Like I have my old Duron 1300, GF4MX420 Video card and 40Gb hard drive that I am going to be using for a media centre PC.

Over all, I try to sell off my hardware before it gets too old in the tooth. However it does not always work out that way.

my father on the other hand will rescue just about any thing. He's got 4x Apple IIe computers that he thinks I am going to repair some day. (fat chance)

Use them for print servers
Use them for dedicated firewall
Give to charity
Sell off
Cannabilise
Switch the PSU from 240v to 110v
Drop it off a building.

i'm not going to burn it because the fumes from the boards can kill me, but smashing it up and framing it sounds pretty cool. but its a complete system, monitor, mouse, keyboard, CPU, and the original softwarwe suite. there is just too much there to smash and frame it all.

EDIT: 'MMMmmmmmm PC and ribs! I love that juicy silicon!'

jorsoft03 said:
I turned my old 486 into a classic gaming machine, complete with an OS/2 dual boot, Win3.1 and MS-DOS 6.22. Don't you wanna be just like me and do that too? :p
Yes I do infact I already have a PC like that DOS and 3.1. My other collections I have down stairs include two 98s, one ME, and two apple IIs. I have no idea what to do with all of it.

yeah, turn it into a old skool gaming rig - Win 3.1.1, Doom, Quake, Jazz Jackrabbit (i loved that game on my 486 33mhz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom