What can't be sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
I was browsing around and came across this.

For $33 dollars per hour you can rent a Metronap Pod. For what? Well, during your busy day, you can stop off at your local Metronap and rent your own personal little pod. For what? Well to just take a nap.
http://www.metronaps.com/
Locations in New York, Vancouver, Australia, UK
Screw it, just tell your boss or teacher you're leaving and going to take a nap.

(Feel free to search and post anything else that seems to be an outrageous product or service)

Don't ask me to prove it, but apparently, its far from pointless. People that have tried it say that it's improved their productivity a lot.

Well, I guess once you wipe the, "What the heck is that" out of your eyes and really think about it, I guess they could serve a purpose. There are many times during a work day that I could really use 20 or 30 minutes to catch a quick nap. I bet those things are pretty comfortable and judging by the specs, you could probably fall asleep pretty quickly. Waking up would be another matter...

I'd love to have one of those were I work. Just tell the boss, i'll be back in 20 minutes.... zzzzzz...zzzzzz......zzzzzzzz......

20 minutes is supposed to be the optimum nap time. Naturally this doesn't fit for everyone, but the average is 20 minutes. Basically it just means, in that time, it's enough rest for your body to get up to 'top performance' again, this is assuming of course you didn't just get 2 hours of sleep last night and you're trying to make up for it.

Anything longer than 20 minutes (not necessarily 30, talking upwards of an hour) is too much sleep and will cause drowsiness.

Works for me. If I'm tired, 20 minutes is great.

I'd like to have one of those pods just for my house lol. What companies should start doing is giving a 1 hour lunch break and two 20 minute breaks in those pods throughout the day. I bet that'd increase worker productivity and happiness.

"Ahh, can't wait to go to to work so I can nap in the pod" :p

Yea, I have a 40min lunch and was thinking that it might be nice to have a nap in that time. Its just hard to get some sleep in with that noise. Maybe when I get an MP3 player I can drown out the noise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom