What came before the universe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we probably never will.

Oh and Kman, there is a very large difference between astrology and astronomy, I suggest you learn it. :p
As the word you were looking for was astronomer's and NOT "astrologists".

O yeh, i know. i was tired.

An interesting concept is that before this universe, another one existed, and another before that one, and so on. Some theorists believe the universe is in fact shrinking, or rather slowly imploding back to the pre-explosion state of the bing bang (one point of infinite energy amongst nothingness) and after a time, it will explode again and form another universe. It re-occurs infinitely as a cycle of sorts.

A bit wacky, but very interesting.

That is so cool, (although slightly unprofessional) that Google will implement a reference from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy like that.

Merkwürdigliebe;1246486 said:
An interesting concept is that before this universe, another one existed, and another before that one, and so on. Some theorists believe the universe is in fact shrinking, or rather slowly imploding back to the pre-explosion state of the bing bang (one point of infinite energy amongst nothingness) and after a time, it will explode again and form another universe. It re-occurs infinitely as a cycle of sorts.

A bit wacky, but very interesting.

That is so cool, (although slightly unprofessional) that Google will implement a reference from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy like that.

I do believe that the equations are comming up far short for the critical density. Therefore some believe our universe will expand forever, and not colaspe back onto itself. Thats at least what I have read in Brain Green's Fabric of the Cosmos.

Easy question. The answer is in the first chapter of the world's best selling book.

I think you need to watch ZEITGEIST Trotter. The bible is NOT the answer to the universe. But still, you may beleive it if you want to..

And if your on about a non religeous book, i don't see how lord of the rings will help in the question...

The bible is the best selling book in the world. I won't turn this into a religious discussion, but that is my explanation for what was before the universe.

And, yes, I do believe it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom