What annoys me the most!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Keyboard Cowboy lives in Australia.

We still do sign for credit cards here in the US, though. Most places, if it's over $25, a signature is required and it's optional below that. I've never needed mine verified at a self check-out though. It's just an electronic signature.

What do you mean by "chips and pins?" Anything like bangers and mash? :p

Chip and PIN - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a bit like withdrawing money from an ATM, 'cept you never see the money :p You put in your card, discretely punch in your 4-digit PIN number (do they have those in the US/elsewhere?), wait half an hour for the thing to process, etc.

We are getting those things down in Australia. My current efpos terminal refused to accept a card swipe if their a chip on the card .

If they have it in the US I've never heard of it. It looks kinda cool, but it's news to me.

Though it would have been deployed in the US already :freak:. Yeah in the UK hardly no one will accept signature authorisation - with exceptions like American Express. Chip & Pin only for credit and debit card transactions. Far more convenient. Been like this for a few years now.

What annoys me "a lot" is when someone asks you a question (in person or on the phone) and instead of letting you finish your sentence they try to finish it for you with the answers that they were just asking you for. (99.9%) of the time what they say is totally wrong.

Or another variation to that:

When someone asks you a question and you begin to answer that question, they interrupt and ask a whole separate question that has nothing to do with the first question.

or...

When someone calls you at work and asks you a bunch of questions WHILE THEY ARE EATING THEIR DINNER!!! That is not only rude it's disgusting. I'm supposed to listen to you chopping away at your food while I answer your questions? No thanks call me back when your finished eating. <- That just happened to me last week. 20 Minutes on the phone with this jerk while his lips and mouth are smacking away...

^^

Worst still. When you ask some one a simple question, and then they ask you a series of question back just to show how little knowledge you have on the subject that you are asking a question about. And then they proceed to explain every thing to you in such a manner to make you feel real stupid.

My god father is really bad at doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom