Are/Were you a good student

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish my tuition was cheaper.. I'm payin 3150 a semester alone.. without the cost of books... and I have 3 semesters a year.. 4 week summer break then back to school again.

3.9 GPA for this year, I'm a Junior and my cumulative is 3.4762, but I'm a much better student than I was my Freshman and Sophomore years which I was still pretty good in.

My school district has higher standards than most schools (Terms of grades, takes a higher percent to get an A) and making High Honors made my parents happy. I was thinking about taking AP Computer Science next year, but I'm taking Computer Science II next year, so far my Computer Science I class has been really fun.

My high school grades were about average. I was 37th in a class of 156. College, well that was a different dog. Wouldn't have even gone if not for nailing the ACT and getting money thrown at me. Drank WAY to much, partied too much, skipped class (except for Criminal Justice class) and quit after only one year with about a 2.5 GPA. Went back to school in 2002 (at age 36) , graduated in 04 with a 3.86 and was Valedictorian. Score one for old farts.

Man trotter, I WISH my work fronted it
Yeah. Most don't realize how great a benefit it is. There are several taking advantage of it, but not a majority.

I was 37th in a class of 156.
Yup. I was 105 out for 580-something. I was very bored in school, especially my senior year. I only stayed in because I got to see my girlfriend (now wife) every day.

Score one for old farts.
It's the old farts who've been out there in the world with their nose to the grindstone who go back to school and work their butts off. Way to go, mi amigo.

I'm a pretty good student besides for the fact that I've been slacking in English this year as I'm sick of it. At least it's finally my senior year. >_>

I've been slacking in English this year
my lowest mark is English it's at 85%
I always sucked in English, up until my senior year. I dunno if it was because I was bored and didn't care, because I had a decent teacher, or a little of both, but my senior year it finally clicked. English made sense, literature made sense. I discovered that i love to write even though I'm not overly motivated.

Now that I am going to college online, I have to write a lot. Which is good, as it gives me plenty of practice. So far, all my instructors have enjoyed my writing. I use a lot of wit (who would have thought?) and tend to bring my point across dramatically and with good transitions. All from a guy who hated English almost all the way through school.

I have always loved to read, so I guess that's what kept me from sinking in English up until my senior year.

I always sucked in English, up until my senior year. I dunno if it was because I was bored and didn't care, because I had a decent teacher, or a little of both, but my senior year it finally clicked. English made sense, literature made sense. I discovered that i love to write even though I'm not overly motivated.

Now that I am going to college online, I have to write a lot. Which is good, as it gives me plenty of practice. So far, all my instructors have enjoyed my writing. I use a lot of wit (who would have thought?) and tend to bring my point across dramatically and with good transitions. All from a guy who hated English almost all the way through school.

Pretty much the same for me to... I was a C student in English all the way though highschool, and before... Then, In college, the grades worked their way to an A in my last English class.

With work, I have to type probably about 10,000 - 15,000 words a day (low estimate), and that is NOT including my posting here during work. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom