Are/Were you a good student

Status
Not open for further replies.

mssssee2

Graphic Designer
I get in school pretty nice 19 and 1/13 (95% overall mark), a friend of mine had all his marks 20 (100% overall mark). I hate Ancient Greek, although I took 19 (95%) and also Music 17 (85%). Unlikely to me I had 19,5 (97%) as overall mark in philology lessons (Greek, Ancient Greek, Literature, Ancient Literature translated [Euripides etc]). I believe that marks sound better in percentage, cause it's better to say I got 95% than I got 19.

How do/did you get on school?
Do you find school difficult?

I don't find school difficult, but it has a lot to study, cause in Greek schools as I know we study more than foreign students, but they study harder than us in Universitys, while we rest cause we've learnt a big part of what we study in high school, that's why here in Greece the 85% of students go to universitys which are public and free at all.

We have a Grade Point Average where I'm from, and the Highest you can get is 4.0 GPA. Yep, that's what I've got. I'm a senior in High school, and I'm also taking college classes.

I'm doing okay. I could be doing better. My average is 80. It used to be 74, but I've been forcing myself to do better since it is my final year of high school.

I always had good grades in school, but I never had to study. I was one of those annoying people who did everything but what I was supposed to do in class, but absorbed all the information. Put a test in front of me and BAM!... 100.

I have finally returned to college, but am doing it online. Thus far I have a 4.0, but I can't breeze through it like I did high school. I'm a bit older now, and since it is online I have to study.

I have a 4.0 at my highschool - I'm sixth in my class, and that's probably because I don't study for anything...that's likely to change because of this "dual-credit" class I'm taking that's kicking my rear-end.

Regardless, before the aforementioned class, my GPA at college was also 4.0 for 6 hours.

I hated high School..I wasn't intrested in it at all.. I had Average grades.. but I wouldn't go back if you paid me.. Collage is way more fun and intresting.. my average as of now is between 88-92.. some where around there.

Same here Phantom118. I hated high school with a passion, but graduated with an 87 avg. Just glad to be out of there. College is so much better. But I have been slipping recently.

Lol, this is a funny subject.... I was a B/C student. I could have done better, but I was way more concerned with playing video games than doing homework or studying. GENERALLY, I was a good test taker, except for those 'standardized' type tests. My problem is I don't read all the way through things (well USED to be that way), and if I saw the right answer, I would pick it and move on, sometimes didn't read the questions all the way. I had ONE advance placement class my senior year, and that was AP Computer Programming, in C++... that class was great. College was about the same, up until the VERY las quarter, I got A's in all 4 of the classes I was in... The family and I went out to dinner to celebrate... this was 2 years ago.

NOW, my brother who is 6 years younger than me is a Senior in High School, and has a 4.0 GPA, and every class but Lunch, PE, and Band are AP classes.... during spring break, he went to London with his AP English class...

My sister is a sophomore, and is pretty much the same way... 4.0 GPA...

I am the blacksheep of the family, but I am the only "normal" one... ;)

Funny story, but I honestly feel that your Highschool grades have NOTHING to do with "the real world".... I had a friend when we were in school growing up together, and he was allways was an A student, graduated near the top of our class in high school... He gives me a call about 4 years after highschool about a "business venture", and I think, "sure, might be interested", after all, he was always on top of things, and a smart guy. So, I go over to his place, and it was one of those pyramid scheme things where you do the stupid demo's to sell that garbage like on late night info-mercials.... I had no idea what to say... At that point, I had already had a full time Salary job for 2 years, benefits and all that, and he was wasting his time, and making no money.... Not much relevance, just a funny story.

but I honestly feel that your Highschool grades have NOTHING to do with "the real world"....

Agreed, when was the last time you actually use half the crap you learned in math, really when was the last time you said tangent in your life.. do we really need to know this stuff.

Half the people that were at the top of my class in highschool are now dropping out of post-secondary.

I'm a junior/seniorish in college. My college GPA is 3.8 (nearly all A's hehe). For my audio certification, I had a 4.0 though.

I've only got a year left of school (four 8 week semesters left), so hopefully I'll maintain that average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom