Well Gosh Darn

Status
Not open for further replies.
where i'm from if you get caught with no insurance it's like a $1000 fine on the spot,and with our insurance we have what you call no fault so no matter who cause's the accident they don't get in much trouble,and the worst thing is if you do get in an accident your insurance company wont give you **** all, and if you do file a claim your insurance double's or they will just drop you all together.

ohGrFreak said:
weird, so you were doing nothing at all whatsoever, just driving along and they stop you to check your insurance. it's called entrapment, and shouldn't be legal.

ohGrFreak the police officer did not force ADZ to not have insurance. That is not entrapment.

entrapment definition – entrapment is where a police officer or other law enforcement officer induces a person to commit a crime that the person wouldn’t have committed otherwise for the purpose of bringing a criminal prosecution against that person.

what is it then. when you are forced to do something without probable cause? the officer had no probable cause that would make him think that he had no insurance, therefore, shouldn't be asking if he had insurance in the first place.

the officer did nothing wrong. During a roadblock police usually are there to direct traffic and there are usually long lines of cars. While ADZ was stopped next to the officer the guy wanted to talk to ADZ because his car reminded him of a past experience. Police usually run license plates because of habit or supicion. ADZ had an unusual car. It was a very mundane car stop, yet coincidentally his car had no insurance

the insurance gods were not on ADZ's side that night, that's what happened ohGrFreak.

thanks...i was so livid when i typed it i guess i missed some things :p

I have calmed down since then...

one time i was driving along, and got pulled over for speeding ( hell, i didn't see that i was going 40 in a 30), and he just gave me a warning for expired insurance, as long as i brought him the proof within a week.

I also remember one week i drove without a rearview mirror, everytime i went somewhere, i thought i was gonna get a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom