Well Gosh Darn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADZ

Fully Optimized
So my car has been off the road for about a month now, because I was doing some work to it...anywho, shes fixed now and I went to take her out for a spin last night to bake..err.warm up the tires.

So I hit a roadblock...no big deal...so im talking to the cop and he says..wow is this an x-police car? I said, it sure is...RCMP...and hes like 'wow i got laid in so many of these cars'

so anyway he urges me along and just as i start pulling away he shouts STOP. so I stop. He comes up again and says 'tell me you have insurance' I said of course I do. and he repeated it again...

then he tells me to shut the car off and give him the keys. So i do that. then he takes my keys and goes off to his car. HE THEN COMES OUT WITH A 600 BLOODY DOLLAR FINE!!!

The next thing I know some wanker is towing my car and im standing in the rain like WTF! So I went on a little rampage and started walking...fortunately, my GFs brother was nearby and I got a ride home.

You know what is SICK about this situation? there is only a 300 BLOODY DOLLAR FINE for DRINK DRIVING and that is endangering someones life.

im not best pleased, i have the 600 to pay and then the towing and impound fees.

man im pissed!

Once my anti-freeze tubes popped, so my car overheated and died. Next, the tow truck got a flat on the way to the shop. WHen i got to the shop i payed 150 for the fix and 75 for the tow. On my way home that evening my car just shuts off. I found out that 2 of the fuel injectors went bad. Had to pay 200 for that. Now driving home at about 8pm, my tire popped. 20 bucks to patch it up.

And tahts all in one day :/

wait a sec, so you hit a roadblock, if you weren't speeding or driving wrecklessly and just had an accident, you shouldn't have gotten a ticket at all.

here's my story:

driving in the rain going with the flow of traffic near the speed limit which was 40mph. some guy in a jeep grand cherokee pulls out in front of me and i hit him, totalling my car. he was at fault, he got over 600 dollars in fines, i got a 60 dollar ticket for failure to prevent an accident and my insurance sees my tickey and pays the @ss 6 grand to fix his car and i have to buy a new car myself out of pocket. this is only because the insurance will not look at the report (which states the he was at fault, not me), only the tickets, since the other person did not have insurance, i did not get any money.

sorry...i forgot to mention that my insurance expired a couple opf days ago..but my car had been sitting for a month..and so i didnt notice... :S

well i now understand why you got such a big ticket. you said that drunk drivers get a 300 dollar fine, alright. at least that drunk driver can pay for the damages he does while driving if he has insurance. if you hit someone and you don't have insurance, they then have to sue you instead.

now, don't think i side with drunk drivers, no, they should all go to jail on the first offense, we don't need them on the street ever. but, in my accident, i totalled my car, and the bastard didn't have insurance so it's tough crap for me, instead of driving a car worth 5k, i now have a loan that isn't paid off yet for a car not even worth half that. I am not rich, i cannot afford other people's mistakes right now.

now, also, don't think i'm dogging you because you don't have insurance either. but, how can you not know? did your insurance company stop sending you the bill?

just think, what if that road block was another car or even a person?

that is tru, but the car had been sitting for a month, I had been driving my other Car. It was totaly an honest mistake, i thought I had till the end of the month...oh well...

Wow, that officer didnt want to bend the rules...even if he did get laid on duty hmmmm.... bribrey ????

ohGrFreak said:
wait a sec, so you hit a roadblock, if you weren't speeding or driving wrecklessly and just had an accident, you shouldn't have gotten a ticket at all.

ohGrFreak you took what he said literally. I think he said he stopped at a roadblock, not crashed into it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom