Weird way to FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
toxicity_27 said:
That was pretty cool. Russian guy is crazy. I wish I could do half the crap he does.

It mostly takes balls, than it helps to have the slim body style, than you need leg and arm muscles for alot of it.

If you train, you can do it :)

I have a friend who could probably do some of the stuff that Russian dude pulled off if he tried...he can do backflips and frontflips from a standing position on level ground so I'd guess he could do them jumping off of things

Still crazy though...I'd love to see the cops try and chase after that dude

And about the keyboard layout...looks similar to mine, I've never used the wasd keys ever since pretty much the first game I ever played was 1.6 back in the day and his keys were set up with the arrows and that's just how I learned and got used to it...the only thing that is somewhat difficult is when you need to assign a lot of keys

what did you guys put as your jump key? also you'd have to change back to wasd if you were playing on a laptop.

Deimos said:
what did you guys put as your jump key? also you'd have to change back to wasd if you were playing on a laptop.
not if your laptop is a wide one with a full keyboard.

I used Ctrl as jump, and Shift as crouch. Usually Enter as "Use", and the Del, End, and PgDwn buttons as whatever other modifiers the specific game used. If the game didn't recognize all of my mouse buttons, I'd use keypad "0" as my reload.

I also play like that. In any game basically. Never liked the WASD.
On my keyboard the arrow keys are even more efficient because my DEL/END/PGDWN are right above the arrows.
In most games I use:
CRTL=jump
SHIFT=sec. fire
left mouse=fire
right mouse=reload
middle mouse=Use/activate
Enter=sprint/use item (depends on game)
DEL=depends on game
END=binoculars (also depends on game)
PGDWN=grenade (also depends on game)
0-Ins=crouch
1-End=prone
4=depends on game (for example smoke grenade in CoD2)
back space=drop weapon mostly

TheMajor said:
I also play like that. In any game basically. Never liked the WASD.
On my keyboard the arrow keys are even more efficient because my DEL/END/PGDWN are right above the arrows.
In most games I use
yea because i was tying it out on my keyboard my DEL/END/PGDWN are way too far up to be comfortable for me. also the enter ctrl shift 0 1 and watever else are to far and makes my hand get all messed up.
------------------------
IMO wasd is better because my hand lays flat and is comfortable at rest. were as the other configuration leaves my fingers pushed up in the air and uncomfortable since my hand is never in that position regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom