weird emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
I think im being had and im falling for it and i want to get your opinions ive signed up to match.com and a girl sent me an email and ever since we've been chatting not thru match.com thru web based emails il show you her emails and see what you think (WARNING long messages)

email 1

Hello Rob
How are you?Thanks for the email here,well let me say a few things about myself...I have been out of a relationship for 7 months now,I suffered heartbreak from my ex, I didnt know he was sleeping with my best friend and ever since I decided not to go into a relationship.Now I feel I should try to meet that special someone out there who could really be the one for me which is why I am on this site but this time I am trying to be very careful. I want someone that will be sincere to me as I hate being lied to_Okay I like doing alot of things for fun like watching movies,listening to music, spending time with that special someone and more like my workline which gives me an opportunity to do alot of things. Well My Job is to buy and sell artworks mostly Paintings and sculpts.Sometimes I travel just to get suitable artworks to sell,and on rare cases I travel out of the US like right now I am in Nigeria which is in Africa to get local African artworks which should be well marketed in the US.I am looking to meet someone that is sincere,caring,understanding,romantic and fun to be with.I have attached my pictures...I hope you like them.Why don't you tell me more about yourself....
Bye for now
Jennifer.

email 2

Hello Rob
How are you?I am pleased to read your email,I haven't really tried this online dating thing till now...I am kinda bored here in Nigeria when I am not picking artworks from the set out locations... so I came across this online site while browsing and decided to give it a try.Its good to know a little more about you .Well I am willing to answer any questions you have got for me but for now I have some questions for you.what are your likes and dislikes,whats your favorite color and food? Do you like pets? If you do ...do you have any? Also if there is one thing you wish you could change about yourself...what will that be? ok enough questions for one day I should be back in 3 days time and would be nice to meet you up when I get back...
Expect your answers to those questions I asked
Bye for now
Jennifer.

email 3

Hello Rob
How are you?It always feels good to sign into my mailbox and meet an unread email message from you.Some really Great questions you asked and I love your answers to mine...now let me answer those questions I asked you.....I like traveling,trying out new things,like making people around me happy,I like eating good food,enjoy great sex...etc ...I hate being bored,having a bad day,getting into trouble,being late for an appointment...I dislike things that are generally not right.
My favorite color is blue and food is steak...I have a German shepherd dog named bill back home......well the one thing I would love to change about myself is the fact that I am an orphan,I wish my parents were still alive...I am looking to meet someone that is caring,understanding,romantic and fun to be with.I am into drawing and painting so I spend most of spare time doing it and I love to go out also .I am hoping that you could be that one....I am already rounding up things here to be back in 2 days...can you tell me about your family ...also tell me how your job is like for you?
Ok have to go now to an art gallery to check out some stuffs.
Take care
Jennifer
P.S..I meant your likes and dislikes in general as a person and in a relationship.

Links to her pictures

well.. isnt that whats supposed to happen at a site like this? match people?

or what, you are thinking that they are fake or something?

yeah fake i mean, i never ever ever get a really fit bird and look at her shes smoking, but the wierd thing is i live in the UK and she lives in the US

In the 2nd email it says she's in Nigeria? That might be a red flag.

The emails seem a little..."off" to me but it could be nothing. Just don't fall in love or send her any personal info, money, etc.

It's called a romance scam, they find a few pic's of a attractive woman start off with a heart break and make it seeming like they are falling in love with you then suffer a disaster then you get yourself suckerd in to helping her to the tune of several thousand or more pounds, play it out to that point and have a laugh I have done it a few times on other dating sites and with various scammers it's quite nice to see what they will do for the promise of a payout at the end.

There are smaller ones too, like she might send you a link a site she says contains more pics of her and it charges a "signup" fee of $19.99 or something. This appears to be much more drawn out, though. I'm highly suspicious after researching this a bit.

Okay this happened to a friend of a friend... No kidding. She met this guy online that was supposivley in the military. She sent him money for a plane ticket to come see her because it was her idea and blah blah blah. Either way someone called her and said he had died in a car wreck on the way to the airport or something. They had only been talking 3 weeks when this happened. It may be true but some how it seems sooo unlikley. It was from one of those match making site.

wow i just read your reply's, how did she get me

i got another email from her and ive got to say she really goes deep into thought about writting it, i dunno sounds to good to be true, on my last email i said where abouts do you live and how old are you, do you think i should try and get her to say abit more what she does and etc

email 4

Rob dear
You seem to be an open hearted man and I looking forward to that day I would see you face to face... But, just so you know, I thought I would tell you what I was looking for, and see what you think... All I am looking for is "True Love," no Games, no Playing around, just want to find my soul mate in life...the one man I Will connect with in every way... I do know very much about you, yet any woman that does not treat you with respect,true love, genuine kindness and caring is absolutely a fool. True Love can be given without being shared, but a shared Love still allows for your special loved one to grow.
To me, there is nothing more special than a shared Love. One that delights in our loved one's achievements, and growth as a person. One that has no jealousy, anger or mistrust. I believe when I have met the right person, we will believe so completely in each other, and Love each other so completely, that we will trust without hesitation as well....I am a lovingly touchy person. I am not saying that I am perfect but I always try to do right.I like to hold hands, hug and kiss ... when appropriate... I like open affection, but in good taste, not for affection sake. I love to look into my loved one's eyes, and often get accused of starring... But I stare at flowers too, they never complain that I could look at them from when the blossom until they fade away... I like being touched too. Held and having my hair played with... I like simple things.I want my soul mate to be my best friend, so I can always talk with him about anything and be able to work things out when it matters.Life is so short, why do people make it so complicated by wanting everything they see...and forgetting that we are here to Love one another, not "bed as many as we can" and have nothing true and genuine when our time comes... I believe it takes "a lot of time" to know someone, and when an actual "relationship" does start ... I still believe intimacy should be saved until "you know" they are someone you want to be with. Hope that wasn't too much, but it is honest and all of me.I look forward to reading your thoughts about all I have said...
Jennifer
P.S...I had removed my profile from match.com.Yes i am 25 and i live in West London.

ive just research and put online dating scams and im 100% sure its one, what shall i do i want to get them back, im gonna ask for more pictures about themselfs, what exactly do they do for thier job etc etc

why, how did they pick me this is a **** take

You could do a little Q & A, but don't send money ! Flag big time there. If the questions get too much for her (as in part of a scam) they will fade away as they know they are being figured out. I had received some e-mails like that years and years ago, but these scams won't die. IF it is a scam. So you definitely should not send money, one guy I know sent all this money to a girl supposedly in England, turns out it was a scam or something was up, but it could happen anywhere in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom