Weight loss is hard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the tips guys :D Really is a big help.

Trotter, that sounds crazy ! I don't think it would work for me, i can't really count the calories at school. And i'm not sure i could be bothered to go through all that every time i ate.

And yeh i heard eating late wasn't a good thing, although my body probably shuts down later than others as i typically head to bed at 3 to 4am. And lasting from 7pm till 3 or 4am on no food would be pretty hard.

The other problem is scales over here tend to way in stones or kilo's. Mine is kilo's, which means it's hard for me to see results. While you guys can step on and see you've lost 2 pounds, my scales would claim i've lost nothing (2.2lbs to a kilo ?) Working in bigger numbers has a good psycological effect i reckon, i'd be happier saying i lost 2.2lbs than i would saying 1 kilo. A bit odd as they are the same mass.. but yeh.

The thing i have discovered just within this evening is when my body says i am hungry, actually i am not. For if i resist the urge for 15 to 30minutes the feeling goes away. I had some dry cornflakes in a cup to munch on at around 8pm but havn't ate since. Only 3hours i know but in my usual routine at this point i would probably consume another 250 to 500calories of food.

Another easy way for me would be to change my fruit drinks to water. I have about 2-4pints of cranberry/tropical juice aday, whilst fairly healthy except for the sugar that is a good sum of calories. The drinks carton says 150calories for 250ml, theres 550ml in a pint..go figure !

edit:

sweet, according to numerous sources drinking water below body temperature actually burns calories as the body cannot chemically convert it any form of energy, thus 0 calories. However it must spend energy warming it up to body temperature :)

I find wild crazy sex in a hot car, bedroom, kitchen, etc.. really helps work the pounds off...

too much?

Sorta joking with that...

I personally did 2 things when I was trying to stay/get in shape... I ate between 7 and 8 small meals a day... such as... apple/milk/slimfast/instand breakfast/cereal at 8am, 10am snack bar,12pm small lunch, 3pm banana and grapes, 6pm small dinner, 7pm workout/run, 8:30 protein shake/bar to rebuild muscles... seems to work pretty well... that and running/working out either before work/class or after... did wonders for me till i stopped doing it lol.

So far, i am finding it HARD. I never have had breakfast and never will, so this isn't a weak point.

Skipping breakfast is biggest mistake you can make during a diet. The problem with skipping breakfast is this. Your body goes to starvation mode thinking and start conserving all the calories from the previous meal as you work in the morning.

A few things that the heard people tell me over the years.

1. Eat well for breakfast, Eat moderately for lunch, eat lite for dinner.
2. Instead of 3 main meals in a day, do for 5 smaller meals.

I have been doing for option number 1.

I am trying loose a few kg myself, I am going for the opion number 1.
The other thing that i am doing is getting some physical activity in my daily routine. Sadly i work a rather unactive life style. So I need to get into the habbit of using my tredmill on a daily basis.

Skipping breakfast is biggest mistake you can make during a diet. The problem with skipping breakfast is this. Your body goes to starvation mode thinking and start conserving all the calories from the previous meal as you work in the morning.

A few things that the heard people tell me over the years.

1. Eat well for breakfast, Eat moderately for lunch, eat lite for dinner.
2. Instead of 3 main meals in a day, do for 5 smaller meals.

I have been doing for option number 1.

I am trying loose a few kg myself, I am going for the opion number 1.
The other thing that i am doing is getting some physical activity in my daily routine. Sadly i work a rather unactive life style. So I need to get into the habbit of using my tredmill on a daily basis.

I'll try 1. But for all these years my body has been working the opposite, i eat very light in the morning and heavy at night.

If i try to eat much at all in the morning i feel physically sick, i get that full up. Last time i tried i didn't get through 1/3rd of a bowl of cereal.

And yeh like everyone has said, i really need to get some exercise in. It's fairly difficult though, no equipment at home and the local gyms are a fair distance away and i don't really have the money. And also, i can't go running. I am not fit enough, i'd break after 200meters - and i'd look like an idiot :p

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7275554.stm

I just read that. But the thing is, i don't feel lathargic, i don't feel tired, and i don't feel starving my lunch. Just a bit hungry. They are saying eating breakfest helps you stop gaining weight because you snack less in the morning, but i don't get a chance to snack in the morning anyway - so this does not apply. I dunno, i'll see how i feel in 8hours time when i wake up. That's if i can get to sleep, i am hunnngrrryyyy !

Anyone got any quick tips for fighting the hunger :p ? i mean i can suppress for an hour or so but then it comes back.

Usually if I get hungry, I just drink a lot of water.

I've been hitting the gym since December since I'm working close to home for a few months. I've been to the gym every day since the 1st. I lift 4 times a week, and do cardio 7 times. Although I'm taking creatine so I've been gaining weight :(. Though just this weekend I started to eat less at all my meals and I've lost 3 pounds. I'm still very hungry in between meals, so I just grab a bottle of water as I need it. I've gotten much stronger over the past couple of weeks, and have lost a decent amount of fat. I'm currently 6'2'' and 265 lbs. I would love to get down to 215, but I will see how quickly I lose weight when I finally run out of creatine.

Oreo, what you most likely need to do is cut back the late night and increase the morning over a few weeks type like.

I'm betting if you night snacks are cut, you'll be more likely to eat n the morning.

Expect a long road, so don't try to flip in a day or so. Take some time, just don't put it off.

Yeh.

The holiday to Canada this Saturday isn't going to help so much. Skiing from 9 to 3 with very little time for food = binging in evening.

I think i can get used to it though. Do you rekon there will become a stage where these hunger feelings dissapear ? It's that which is going to kill me, i think i can cope with eating healthy foods and cutting out all the crap. But the hunger, well this is hard.

I'll try the drinking water trick though.

I'll try 1. But for all these years my body has been working the opposite, i eat very light in the morning and heavy at night.

The problem there is that at night, you are only sleeping, therefore doing the least amount of phyical activity.

Yha, you really should try to find and watch that show i mentioned.. The hungery is what everyone of the larger folks complains about, but at the end of the week they no longer have them.

Have the time, i think the hungery pains are all in the head... your brain expects to eat, so it says hey, i hungery yet you realy aren't.

Yha, you really should try to find and watch that show i mentioned.. The hungery is what everyone of the larger folks complains about, but at the end of the week they no longer have them.

Have the time, i think the hungery pains are all in the head... your brain expects to eat, so it says hey, i hungery yet you realy aren't.

QFT! I know that's how I get. After a week or so though the hunger pain is gone. Along with eating less if I eat too much I feel uncomfortable which helps me maintain the eating less as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom