Weight loss is hard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

Just checked out the Teenage version of the site. Set up my account and it seems a bit weird.

For example, it asked me to select a main meal "No pork" or "No Eggs" or "No red meet" etc Which is a bit silly, for i rarely eat them anyway. How about i just want some reccomendations for loosing weight, not some specific "no meat" plan. Everything seems far to specific on the site i reckon.

I am sure it works for others, but for me, i don't think so.

Yes, breakfast does help. However I am in the same boat oreo. I can't eat breakfast because I feel someone queezy in the morning if I eat. Strange, but a cup of coffee holds me until an early lunch :p

However do try the gym. Through school I was always in shape and then because of my job I sit in front of computers and in the car all day. Going to the gym for an hour or so every day or even every other day does wonders. Of course this is only if you keep a regulated and nutritional diet (not necessarily low calorie).

Your calorie intake will be more if you add in physical activities.

Best of luck to you!

Sleeping schedule is something to look at also. If you say you are going to bed at 3-4am then that could also be on of the contributing factors.

I can't eat when I first get up. Breakfast is usually an hour or two after I'm up. But I can really tell if I skip breakfast, though.

I am going to continue with my Breakfest every morning now.

I have figured out having no sweet things in my diet is really quite hard to cope with, especially after just a day or two ago basically living on sweets and chocolate. So i went to the local supermarket and scavaged for alow calorie sweet product that i can eat. And i mean the sweetness you get from cake a chocolate, none of this sweet fruit nonsense (it just doesn't satisfy my craving) and i found some nice artificially sweetend hot chocolate that tastes real nice with just hot water and no milk, and is only 37calories.

So if i have one or two cups of that a day, thats not so bad, right ? I mean 37 calories really isn't much.

Managed to get through the day on:

A bowl of cereal
2 small apples for lunch
Ham sandwhich with brown bread
Moderately sized portion of egg fried rice (1 egg, very little oil) still, was probably 400calories.
A single pringle/crisp :p
3 pints of water
1 glass of this low-cal hot chocolate.

Not bad i reckon for the first full day. Concidering i would usually go with the following:

No breakfest, high-calorie hot chocolate + 1 sugar
Large kit-kat at break
Cheeseburger, packet of fries/crisps at lunch
A choccie bar as soon as i get home
Shortly after i'd scrounge on scotch eggs, meat, yoghurts, chocolate
microwave meal
another meal later on
random crap inbetween
copious amounts of juice and cola.

So yeh, quite a difference !

I am going to continue with my Breakfest every morning now.

I have figured out having no sweet things in my diet is really quite hard to cope with, especially after just a day or two ago basically living on sweets and chocolate. So i went to the local supermarket and scavaged for alow calorie sweet product that i can eat. And i mean the sweetness you get from cake a chocolate, none of this sweet fruit nonsense (it just doesn't satisfy my craving) and i found some nice artificially sweetend hot chocolate that tastes real nice with just hot water and no milk, and is only 37calories.

So if i have one or two cups of that a day, thats not so bad, right ? I mean 37 calories really isn't much.

^ My father does EXACTLY that. Except one cup a day. He also snacks on a tiny bit of 80% pure chocolate bar a day, like at most 2 squares out of the 9 squares the bar comes with. They are expensive but worth it because purer chocolate is healthier for you, but in small amounts of course.

Good job on the new diet man, sounds like you've really got a grasp on it. Good for you, really!

Great job dude! Seriously, it's awesome that you can just take control of your life and habits like that and completely flip them around, kudos

Remember tho, a lot of people give up because they try going from 10 cheeseburgers a day to a small salad. Don't go too hard on yourself :)

Yup, good to hear, keep it up.

As I said and soul echod... Youre not in a danger yet, so go slow, weight loss and even just a switch to a healthier lifestyle, isn't a short thing. take your time.

You might want to through in a decent multi vitamin as well. Just to get youre levels up as youre bodies gonna start using up your spare fatness.

Yeh, good idea. I mean i didn't really eat veggies before but the vast amount of food i ate meant i get nutrients and vits from elsewhere. Won't happen now unless i directly eat vitamin and nutrient rich food, which concidering i don't like my greens would be hard.

So far so good. I'm not actually finding it that hard, well it's hard to explain. If you caught me in a moment where i felt hungry then i'd say it's very hard, but fortunately if i get my mind off it they usually dissapear and i cope just fine. Apart from chocolate and cookies etc, i'm not really missing anything.

Feels odd just having one fairly small portion of food though, i'd usually happily eat my own oversized curry and then finish off my dads without feeling too full. This is how i realised i should stop and diet, there is something wrong if i can eat 1 or 2 full plate fulls of unhealthy food without feeling full. It was even getting embarressing at family meals, i had to pretend i was full, when actually i could've done with 2nd and thirds !

That shall change now though, i think if i can crack this week and do it over the holiday to a fair extent then it'll become habbit and i'll be set to letting go of 35pounds which is my target, maybe 40pounds. 'Cus i don't wanna be a skinny scrawny guy. No offence to those of you that are, i just don't personally like it.

On a side note, reckon it's worth saving for a exercise bike like you find at gyms ? i prefer them to treadmills and it may help me loose it that bit quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom