weight lifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Daemon Poster
ok guyz i know this is a tech forums but i gotta ask.
I lift weight but i dont know how much to do. Im looking to bulken up. People say work out for an hour a day or somehting like that well i could do 30 reps of curls bench press and squats in an hour. I wanna know how many reps i should be doing per workout.

I weight in at a wopping 128LBS.!!!!!!!!!
watch out lol
i bench 85LBS. 10x
i curl 30 in each arm 5X an arm
i squat 85LBS. 5X thats the weakest part of me. I cant run for crap
now with that said how man sets should i be doing or trying to do in 1 workout(1 DAY)
And will i be alot bigger if i stay true to 3X a week over the whole summer will i be bulk????? or will it take me longer?
if u guyz wanna post ur (STATS) and workouts it would be interesting and helpful and be descriptive with times and reps.

Well.... id do it a little more than 3X's a week.. maybe four or so... and then eat healthier... dont be cramming food all day. and stay active... get a manual labor job lol... you should be bigger by the end... try boosting the weight up a little bit every now and then... and if your just sitting there watching tv or summin get like 5 or 6 pound weights to do it there.... not much but makes a difference :)

ya i'm 155lbs and can bench 175lbs 15x's......curl around 55lbs 10 times......but i don't work out a whole lot....but i play sports and that helps

I workout about 6 days a week here at Gold's Gym.

I dont really have a workout routine so I just do whatever I feel like. Most days, I do a full body workout, sometimes just legs or arms, etc. I'm not a 194lbs, today I benched 315lbs 4 times, I'm down a little, but that's because I have been slacking in the bench department due to no partner. Last month I did 340lbs and my goal is 400lbs buy the end of the summer. So we will see. Also, you got eat eat eat. Workout heavy a few days in a row, then light for 2, take a break, go light again then heavy. And, cheating is good also. Cheating will help you gain more. Atleast it does for me.

does anyone know any good excirsises for me to do to jump higher. Im like 3-4 inches short of being able to dunk jumping straight up. i think squats are suppose to help but im not sure

lol get a blacko plastie SOUTH PARK AND NO IM NOT RACIST NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE
i dont know u might be screwed until u grow a little bit more i dont think ull be able to dunk until u grow more so prey
IM NOT RACIST

Warez Monster said:
I workout about 6 days a week here at Gold's Gym.

Gold's eh?.. Same one Arnie (our favourite governor) used to go to? :p.. ANyways, ur bench stats are impressive man.

I need to hit the gym again as I've slacked off. I "used" to bench 220 lbs 3x8 (3 sets of 8 reps each). And bicep curls (barbell) are at 95 lbs 3x8, etc. I "used" to weight 195 lbs - but since stopping working out, I don't know where I am at now :(. That's not a bad weight for my height. My g/f "used" to be hapy with it, even though now she complains I am not in shape anymore :(. Ideally, I wanna hit 220 lbs. But, just haven't been able to make the commitment.

Anyways...... what I suggest is you workout for 3 days a week. Do "big muscle" building excersises first. B/c "toning" exercising that u see ppl doing are crap if you don't have a lot of muscles to begin with. Squats, leg presses, dead lifts, bench pressing, are a MUST. Of course, you need to do bicep, tricep curls, and leg work too (quads, hamstrings, etc.). But, I don't suggest u worry about any toning work right now as there is probably no point. And investigate about protein supliments and such. If I remember correctly, the recommended protein intake is about 70-90% of your muscle mass (in pounds) in grams. 250% ml of milk has 8g of protein. Do the math. It isn't enough.

Anyways. Good luck :)

What I meant was that you should work out your chest, legs (quads, hams, calfs), shoulders, back, abs, and arms, but do "compound" exercises first instead of isolation exercises - for example with the shoulder. These will allow u to hit the major muscle groups and also work out "more" muscle groups in one exercise. Isolation work usually hit like one group at a time for toning purposes. But I don't recommend u worry too much about that stuff.

If u do benching, squats, dead lifts, curls (bicep, tricep), leg press, reverse leg curl, etc. should you be fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom