WE ARE small

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to think the whole world would have some form of access to it in the long run, in the form of research being given to the public when completed.

It's incredibly costly to maintain even transposing it's orbit to refocus it's optical array on a star cluster 3 degrees outside it's current field of vision takes months of planning an costs a lots of it's merger on-board navigational flue thats why every shuttle mission has topped up it's tanks every mission. What i would like to see it it make the best attempt of a full spectrum instrumental survey both optical and other of as much as the universe as it possibly can before they finally shut it down an the results be uploaded to something like google earth.

^that size comparison between earth and our star is not very acurate.
What i would like to see it it make the best attempt of a full spectrum instrumental survey both optical and other of as much as the universe as it possibly can before they finally shut it down an the results be uploaded to something like google earth.

would not give us a whole lot of info on the entire universe though, we can only see about 4%. That's where dark matter comes in, in theory we should be a ble to see the entire universe, but dark matter is what well, covers it up in a matter of speaking.

It's absolutely an image of the sun. Pretty cool too.
*LEMON YELLOW SUN...
ARMS RAISED IN A V,
THE DEAD LAY...IN A POOLS OF MAROON BELOW......*

because it looks like a big yellow foam ball with a black background and a tiny fly in the middle of it, lol.

edit: and they look to be just a bit too close to the sun to not be burnt up immediately.
If they were very close to the sun, they'd be tiny in the image.
In fact, they'd probably be too small to see.

The size of the shuttle, compared to the sun in the image suggests they are a very long way from it.

Or the hubble could be used to take better pictures of the surface of earth for roads and such... That would be nice...

Oddly no, it's optics are not designed to work through a atmosphere and there are laws governing what kinds of images are allowed to be published on public mediums to do with satalight quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom