We need a name for computer illiterate people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love explaining to my farther that I REPAIR PC.
Not seperate parts.
Not printers
Not scanners
Definatly not his Mac.
But PCs.

I really love it when I walk in the house have a long day at work, and once again he is b!tching about how his printer is not working and that he can not be arsed to take it a printer repair shop and actaully specalised in this stuff.

And when i don't know the answer to things, he gilt trips me.

Last night conversation.
DAD :- That printer is still giving me those grey marks.
MYSELF :- (SIGH) did you change the cartridge?
DAD :- No, but what else could it be.
MYSELF :- (SIGH) Well if it's the fuser, then I suggest you throw the printer out.
DAD :- But I paid $1400 for that printer.
MYSELF :- And a replacement part for that printer is about $300, where as I can buy you a new beter laser printer at that price.
DAD :- Can you get those parts second hand?
MYSELF :- Sure. Just find me a HP LaserJet 4MP that some one thrown out with a working fuser in it.
DAD :- But $300 is steep.
MYSELF :- Yes. They are. The printer prices have come down over the years. The spare parts to keep the older ones running as not.

And there is some time where I have not had my morning coffee yet, however what ever stupid problem that it is on his stupid mac needs to be address NOW!!!!

Nobody in my family is really illiteriate expect my sister

One uncle is one of the top networks tech's at his company
One uncle is retired (semi) and build's real webpages
Mom is mainly software, knows ascess and databases (excluding mysql for some reason) like nobody else
Dad is the only one at his company that can fully use and troubleshoot their propertiary software

YourPrinter said:
What about... the normals..

Even after making this thread... and spending a few minutes trying to figure out what u were talking about... i finally got it.. the next day..

lol.. i didnt relize he meant that wwe could call them "normals"

yes im an idiot.. lol

beedubaya said:
I work at Office Depot and probably 1 in 5 people I talk to still use Windows 95 or "Winders 95" as they say it, and they are all on AOL.
What I hate is people who run "Winders" 95 and expect everything new to run on that os. They usually get angry/frustrated when you tell them it's just not going to happen and often it's directed at you. Sheesh!:p

haha I think just general users is a good term, haha or termials since thats what their computer counterpart would be. All their problems are ID10T errors and its the best way to talk about them when they are around.

jorsoft03 said:
What I hate is people who run "Winders" 95 and expect everything new to run on that os. They usually get angry/frustrated when you tell them it's just not going to happen and often it's directed at you. Sheesh!:p

LOL, I get this often, especailly when people want to buy printers or the Microsoft Office software. They act stunned and sometimes get angry when I tell them it won't work with "Winders" 95.

Another thing I get frequently is these people have their hard drives crash or something and they come into Office Depot expecting to find a copy of "Winders" 95. :p

Usually the PEBKAC errors are the worst. 9 out of 10 times when asked sillies have not restarted their machines first. Windows loves its restarts, and that usually fixes what ailes it. I have have told countless sillies that and they STILL call me first.

Why is it that they treat places like Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. as call centers for all of their trouble shooting needs, even if they haven't bought their computer there!?! People who've bought PCs from Circuit City 4 yeras ago still call here now (extended warranty or not) and expect me to help them with every little problem they have.

*shudders* I hate PC illitterate people. We should call them noobs, or ****ing dumbasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom