Wave buh bye to MSN chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenmadtaoist

In Runtime
At least according to this article.

~snip~

Ananova: Microsoft closes chatrooms over paedophile fears

Microsoft has announced plans to close most of its internet chatrooms around the world to protect children from potential harm.

The landmark decision follows a string of disturbing cases where paedophiles have used chatrooms to groom youngsters for sexual abuse.

Microsoft believes the only way to tackle the problem is to close almost all the chatrooms it operates through its MSN websites in 34 countries.

~snip~

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_822312.html?menu=news.latestheadlines.worldnews

Well, it's good they are trying to protect the children...many people will be disappointed but I don't use chatrooms so it doesn't really matter to me

yeah, this doesn't effect me at all, never understood chat rooms when you have IRC. Plus, that's one less M$ thing to deal with. :eek:

I've been thinking much along the same lines as everyone else here. It is indeed a good thing they are taking a stance on it but I also think it will possibly just drive it underground or to other services.

right on, I heard that MSN Messenger was going down...meerly rumor though

No, MSN Messenger is actually being upgraded, so if your using a 3rd party proggy (trillian) to connect to it, it will go down.

With the way Linux is picking up steam across the world, I'll put money down that MS is out of the OS market in 10 years anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom