Wat do u think we need to use for energy?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of Alcohol Powered cars,
Here is a good read for those interested.
http://www.brasil.terravista.pt/jenipabu/3786/enalcohol.htm

As for me, i currently have a vested interest in seeing oil produced, as it pays my way through life ( I work with the Oil companies as an IT guy)
The only problem with Alcohol is that it is still a producer of emissions. Although small, when looked at from the nubmer of cars run in the world, it still adds up. Fuel cells are trueley clean and renewable. Read this for more details
http://www.energyforkeeps.org/book_chapters/energy_for_keeps_hydrogen_ch3.pdf
As to Nuclear Plants, I have always wondered why we don't dispose of the material by sending a spaceship into the Sun. It seems like a good solution as the sun would incinerate the material and no radiological elements would be left...

the idea of sending the material to the sun it a good idea, but there are treatsies from government AND environmental agencies (who many are against nukes anyhow) about having nukes in space. Allthough we are talking about nuclear power and not weapons, they are still all bunched up into the same catagory. No nukes in space. NASA is trying to by pass this so they can use nuclear powered craft (like the original space probe, it had nuclear power and its still going and going and going), but then came the no nuke agreement. What a waste. Comes down to is this. People do NOT understand nukes and are scared of them. It is fairly safe and the only reason for some of the accidents (chernoble) is due to complete lack of precautions. That was an accident that was COMPLETELY avoidable if the correct safe guards were in place.

I'm 100% for Nuclear Energy. I did a PowerPoint project on it once, but our comp crashed, so I lost it. I can only remember 1 thing about Nuclear energy: I think it was that 1 kilogram of oil keeps a light going for 30 days; 1 kilogram of Uranium keeps it going for 456 years. People get so worked up about using nuclear energy. "Oh, where will the waste go? Oh it harms the environment!!" 1. We could shoot it out into space. 2. pretty much answered by 1. The other sources aren't sufficient enough. Coal, running out and dirty. Oil, dirty. Wind, doesn't always work at full efficiency. Hydroelectic dams, running out of rivers to stick 'em in.

correct me if im rong, but i believe the fuel produced from corn is called ethenal. im not shur for what or were, but there are machines that run off of it. and i do know, its very very easy to modify a engine so u can run a car off it as well.

fuelcells are not as clean as some ppl think. i forget what exactly is emitted from a cell, but i know its not clean. the water byproduct itself contains cemicals with acidic propertys and causess corrosion. there are many other problems still trying to be solved with fuelcells.

on this topic overal - i think there is an abondance of options for future energy sources. probably more veriaty of sourcess then we need... the more sourcess that are handed to us, the more sourcess we'l prolly waist.

and that guy who posted somewere above is also prolly right about the gov. thy always do that stupid ***t. kinda like the amount and posibilitys of medical benifits from stem cell research, but the gov barrows a piece of G W bush's brain or something and comes to the fact that its unethical.

http://www.fuelcellstore.com/information/benefits_of_fuel_cells.html"
When hydrogen is the fuel; water, heat and electricity are the by-products of the electrochemical reaction in a fuel cell generating electricity, instead of carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides and particulate matter inherent to fossil fuel combustion.
When fossil fuels are reformed into hydrogen, emissions of carbon dioxide, nitrous oxides, sulfur oxides and other pollutants are a fraction of those produced through the combustion of the same amount of fuel.

that site doesnt tell u much. thats not all that is produced froma fuelcell.

a engineer from Delphi, whos trying to develope the technology so its good enough for production. spoke in one of my classes a while back. i dont remember the specifics, but i do know thy have problems with fuelcell emissions, as well as other engineering dillemas.

ethanol is just one type of alcohol. There are mutiple: ethanol, methanol, butanol, propyl alcohol, propanol, hexanol, octonol, ethylene glycol and glycerol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom