Wat do u think we need to use for energy?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this post :)

Fossil fuels such as coal and crude oil will run out within 50 years.

If you ask your Government "how long will it take for a 100% implementation of renewable energy plants, such as solar, wind or hydroelectric?", they will no doubt first mention money, then second say it will take 50 years.

Countries such as the USA, UK, France and Australia get ~5% of their energy from renewable sources, whereas Germany or Canada get ~15% of their energy from renewable sources.

Which countries are the smart ones?

DonÂ’t worry guys why make earth a better place? Were just gona die take the planet down with usÂ…

Um, fusion is a ways away commercially. It's not exactly a matter of control, because the energy expenditure it takes to create a nuclear fusion would probably exceed the energy that was output. If it COULD be done in a cheap AND less energy costing way, then I'd say fusion all the way.... but as of now, there are a few problems creating the plasma needed.

I think they should start producing hydrogen powered cars. To test out how they work they should sell them in bigger cities, than in those cities have 'hydrogen pumps' i guess you would say. Than tweaks can be made and it will slowly become as common as a gas station.

Or make gas/hydrogen cars and add 'hydrogen pumps' to gas stations. Also people need to stop driving huge suvs. In fact, i think here in the u.s. there should be a huge tax on gas so that its 5.00 dollars a gallon so people realize what it is like other places in the world and stop wasting so much gas. But than again, that would never work. So i think hydrogen powered cars would be a good solution.

pAce,
You make a good point, but right now it's not feasable due to the low number of hibread cars. They have SUV's now that are mixed fuel, but that isn't the solution either. The Furture is coming sooner then later as car companies design and develop vehhicles that get 50+ mpg, but as time moves on, we will be going to FuelCells very soon. Aside from the cost of the vehicle, power is another concern for the USA. We all want fast and powerfull cars that look good. That isn't available in the hibread market yet.
As to power to use, Fusion is the only real answer. But as killians45 said, unless the output is greater then the input, it's not worth it. They have working Fusion power plants in Japan, but it costs more to make them run the what they can sell from production. It's a very sad state.
One thing that I would very much like to see would be Microwave Energy. Use Solor collectors in Space and beam the power back to earth in stream of light. High intensity solor energy.
Another power source that got a lot of attention a few years back was Oceanic Currents. Use Large Wind like turbines in the Ocean to be spun by the currents. It's totally renewable and is a vast amount of power. From what I remember, it was too much power, as there is no way to anchor the Turbines or keep the held in place once set due to the amount of force the currents carried.
But the problem that the world has right now, is that with all of the conflict, no one will be willing to produce a lowcost high output energy for fear that the enemy will find out how to do it too and then you are equals again. This is the way the world works for now. How sad is that. Fear, it is the mind breaker.

bobojuice said:
I say we use garbage like doc did.

Any one here see the movie MAD MAX 3?

"PIG $#!+ !"

You had this town powered by methene from Pig Poo.

We need to use a combination of Wind power, Solar, and Hydroelectric (water)... all very clean sources.

A lot of you are straying off topic. Since when is hydrogen a renewable resource? Last time I checked, no one is running around manufacturing anymore seawater for us to extract the hydrogen from. What happens after we suck the oceans dry?

It's painfully disturbing to me why NO ONE ever considers ALCOHOL as a fuel. Alchohol burns clean, and it's made from CORN, which is 100% renewable (just grow more corn!). Furthermore, they ****ing burn it in many classes of race cars, and have been doing it for years. The reason that we don't use it, is because the stupid god damn petroleum conglomerates donate zillions of dollars to politicians to artificially impose our oil dependance. Don't believe me? Then give me a reason why the oil companies are racing to create hydrogen powered cars instead of using alcohol. God I hate this ****ing country sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom