War iwith Iran??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iran isnt going to attack us. Bush would most likely not be able to get the support needed to attack them (but I wouldnt put it past the dolt to try). The US is desperately holding on to a soviet era when fear of communism was enough reason to occupy and control countries across the globe. Globalization is occuring, the people have more to listen to than what our government tells us and the US doesnt have the influence it once did. We were the core of the world's economy, while this is still true its nowhere near the level it used to be. The formation of the EU and a rapidly rising (economically and otherwise) South Asia is going to kick us off our pedastal and the old men at the capital are stubbornly trying avoiding the signs.

I think it's a real possibility that the UN (including US troops) could intervene militarily in Iran. Iran's president is very confrontational and I think chances are slim that he'll surrender his country's nuclear programs. Unlike Iraq, however, I think diplomacy will be thoroughly exhausted before the air strikes begin.

jorsoft03 said:
I think it's a real possibility that the UN (including US troops) could intervene militarily in Iran. Iran's president is very confrontational and I think chances are slim that he'll surrender his country's nuclear programs. Unlike Iraq, however, I think diplomacy will be thoroughly exhausted before the air strikes begin.

Yeah, the Bush doctrine of pre-emptive strike can not work again. There has to be diplomacy and a 100% justifyable reason for using military force again. UN support would be nice, but i don't think its absolutely necissary. NATO is more important IMO.

To heck with both NATO and the UN. One of these days I'm going to start my own merc group. :) Ignore me, I'm just a little kid who doesn't have a clue of what he's talking about (I'm serious...I'm not saying that sarcastically), and I'm not afraid to admit it....however, make no mistake. I am serious about starting my own merc group one of these days. ;)

The US won't attack Iran, and Iran won't attack the US. Neither country can afford to do anything right now.

The US attacking North Korea, and Iran attacking Israel, on the other hand, are different subjects. While very slim, the chance is certainly there.

YEAAAAAA........WE BLOW IRAN OFF THE MAP, U KNOW WAT WOULD HAPPEN?..........GOOGLE "AFTER EFFECTS OF NUCLEAR MISSLES" IT WOULD BE MISERABLE

Iran attacking Israel

If that happens, the US will jump in with both feet... providing that Israel didn't turn Iran into a smoking crater first.

Israel is my lil buddy. Nobody better mess with him.

Israel is like my little brother or feeble grandfather, and Canada is like an unwanted nephew living next door to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom