Vonage

Status
Not open for further replies.

evelmunkey

In Runtime
Does anyone use this service (VOIP). If so, how do you have it connected in conjunction with your network? Has anyone heard of quality with a service like this. I would imagine it to be better than analog phone but....

Call me stupid..... but what does it actually do?

And what are you trying to do with it?

I have never used it personally buts a pretty awesome service. Instead of using a regular phone line, you take your broadband service and run a phone system off of it as well as data.

VoIP is the nexst big thing. Pretty soon everyone will be using VoIP in their home as everything will be converged. Video phones are also becoming more widely available to the average household.

I recently signed up for a VoIP service. This site helped me decide which one to go with and they even gave me a discount.

http://www.whichvoip.com

Cheers

Connor

P.S. Finally decided on a Lingo service.

I use it and works great. They send you a Linksys router with phone ports for 50$ for the first month, then it is for me 14.99$. You can set your bandwidth to whatever you want on their settings page. Anthing else you would like to know?

Skype is the way I'm going with internet calls. I realize that it is an actual phone with Vonage. But for now, it's working well and I can get in contact with anyone I need to basically when I need to make a long distance call. Meh, I'll end up with a broadband phone eventually just because I think it's not necessary right now. lol

I personally wouldn't use VOIP until the units can work during power outtages. But yeah, other than that, it's a great idea me thinks. Reliability should be great thanks to all the very nice people who played the stock market (during the crash) and gave all their money for the benefit of the internet :D..

Chankama said:
I personally wouldn't use VOIP until the units can work during power outtages. But yeah, other than that, it's a great idea me thinks. Reliability should be great thanks to all the very nice people who played the stock market (during the crash) and gave all their money for the benefit of the internet :D..

It does if your using UPS's

But it still wont work if cable is out. I am considering it, as it is a lot cheaper ($25 for the unlimited plan!) and has better features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom