Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the second law of thermodynamics (entropy) is correct, then the extinction of mankind is only slowing down the inevitable. However, the second law says that this process is always increasing. So we phase out the human race to allow Earth's biosphere to return to good health which it won't do because of everything is tending to a state of randomness or disorder. Then our decreasing will only slow the rate that entropy increases.

I am not against VHEMT, nor am I for it. I am for bettering our environment and against the "inexorable horrors which human activity is causing" as the VHEMT activist say. IMO, not all of our activity is harmful. I am not an animal rights activist, nor a "tree hugger" as some say, but I am one that supports not abusing anything.

It may seem like a paradox to some. I see humans as ones that can also survive with the earth, but maybe not like we are using it right now. We, humans, can certainly do things better. And we do need to make some changes.

Dave :D

Hello

Thanks everyone for ypur opinions, especially True_Orb.

Human race has got evil in it.
I care not only about our natural enviroment, but I'd like the evil to be stopped. Every human being has some evil within, more or less.
I'm sorry, but many wise people tried to figure out some solution, and they were left with nothing or (what is much worse) they "produced" even more evil. I think that human extinction is the only way to stop the torture and torment of humans and animals. The suffering must be stopped.

My views on this are similar to my views on Suicide. That is, that you do not solve a problem by ignoring it and running away. That is the Quitters ‘easy way out’, problems are solved with the application of effort over time. If you lack the desire to help rectify the situation and would rather just run, fine, gather your group of lemmings, I will point you in the direction of a nice high cliff.

Eagle has a good point. Now to be honest, if I could push a button and kill every human on earth, for the good of the earth I would probably push it, but we all know that the human extinction will not occur any time soon, especailly not voluntarily.

What I like about these people is that they have a good point, and I think that this is a good way to at least freak people out enough to listen to them so that we can hopefully better the human race so that we stop killing so much life on this planet.

Gotta go, will discuss more later! :)

True_Orb said:
Now to be honest, if I could push a button and kill every human on earth, for the good of the earth I would probably push it

A rather bold statement, I am impressed that you feel qualified to make that judgement on behalf of the several billion other people you share the planet with. I am truly amazed that anyone can hold the human race in such low regard. Yes, we have made a few blunders, but we are starting down the path of renewable energy and other ‘low environmental impact’ schemes for civil, commercial and private building. Given time and some commitment, I am sure that we can resolve the ‘mess’ we have made.

Just abandoning the earth to its own fate would almost certainly do more harm than good with the amount of processes we have instigated.

LV38_Eagle said:
Just abandoning the earth to its own fate would almost certainly do more harm than good with the amount of processes we have instigated.

Not necessarily true. The greenhouse effect, pollution of the oceans, things of that nature are all eventually reversible. Life would return to the way it was before we came along, and the atrocities and pain endured because of man and by man would go away.

There would be no more war, no more killing for sport, no more torture for pleasure, no more million-lifeform-holocausts to be endured. Not only would all the living creatures on the planet be safe from the atrocities of mankind (well, those being the only real atrocities I can think of at all) but mankind would also be free of the atrocities of mankind. There would be no more people, but that also means there are no more people to be murdered, raped, experimented on, gassed, tortured, killed in meaningless wars over stupid goals of manifest destiny and "God-given right."

You see, the thing you have to understand about me is that I come into this argument with the mindset that humans are really the big flaw in the world. There is most definitely pain and suffering in nature, I will certainly not deny that. But nature has its cycle, and I don't see human activity as fitting into that cycle.

I think Agent Smith made a decent point in The Matrix...
"Every organism on this planet instinctively gains a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed, and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area."

We take what we want, we discard its effect on the rest of the living things on this planet, regardless of the pain and suffering it will cause them, and go so far as to make more people (in fact with religion, encourage to make as many people as possible) so that we need even more of these things.

True_Orb said:
Not necessarily true. The greenhouse effect, pollution of the oceans, things of that nature are all eventually reversible. Life would return to the way it was before we came along, and the atrocities and pain endured because of man and by man would go away.

There would be no more war, no more killing for sport, no more torture for pleasure, no more million-lifeform-holocausts to be endured. Not only would all the living creatures on the planet be safe from the atrocities of mankind (well, those being the only real atrocities I can think of at all) but mankind would also be free of the atrocities of mankind. There would be no more people, but that also means there are no more people to be murdered, raped, experimented on, gassed, tortured, killed in meaningless wars over stupid goals of manifest destiny and "God-given right."

You see, the thing you have to understand about me is that I come into this argument with the mindset that humans are really the big flaw in the world. There is most definitely pain and suffering in nature, I will certainly not deny that. But nature has its cycle, and I don't see human activity as fitting into that cycle.

I think Agent Smith made a decent point in The Matrix...
"Every organism on this planet instinctively gains a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed, and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area."

We take what we want, we discard its effect on the rest of the living things on this planet, regardless of the pain and suffering it will cause them, and go so far as to make more people (in fact with religion, encourage to make as many people as possible) so that we need even more of these things.

Oh gawd!! Enough!!! I think I'm gonna puke already!!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom